W. W. W. W. W. Homecoming Tour - Where is it now?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

W. W. W. W. W. Homecoming Tour - Where is it now?

Post by IDAwHOa »

I hearby announce the Weston Wooden Whistle WORLD WIDE Homecoming Tour

Please read the whole thread before responding!

I am orgainzing a tour for you's guys on the other side of the pond. Taking names for the tour at this time.

Introducing the tour subject:

Simon Styles of Weston Whistles (Jetboy) graciously sent this, apparently Mahogany type wood, whistle to show around at our Bay Area Event on June 5th.

Details and fine print:

It would best if evaluations and comments be sent to Simon directly. I have seen where public comment has swayed subsequent evaluations by tour members. All comments will be reviewd and posted after the tour is complete or as Simon sees fit.

Number of tour participants still yet to be determined. I have already selected two participants from prior conversations. The tour is open to beginner as well as advanced players. I would actually like to see a mix if at all possible.

Tour period to be 2 weeks at each stop.

I will get the whistle to the first person. Any other postage and customs issues will need to be dealt with on your end of the tour. I will try to organize the tour in a logical manner so as to prevent lots of criss crossing. After the tour starts if you are in doubt about where to send the whistle please contact Simon. The last person on the tour will return the whistle to Simon at the address he will provide.

I appreciate the bumps but those who wish to participate should contact SIMON ( jetboy on C&F )via Email as well. Please send your full mailing address. Please consider that I am not familiar with European addressing and any explaination on how to best figure it out would be appreciated. We do not want this getting lost on its way to the first person!!!

I have tried to address all the issues that I have seen come up in other tours. Please let me know if you think I may have missed anything. POost any questions about the tour here.

I cannot be held responsible for Zube keeping the whistle longer than he is supposed to.
Last edited by IDAwHOa on Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:54 am, edited 10 times in total.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Berti66
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

I wanna be in!!!!!!!!

Post by Berti66 »

hi steven..........please count me in ;)

berti
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

That is right people, you read it right. Simon has indicated he would like to get this whistle into as many hands a possible so it is open to ANYONE that would like to give it a blow.

It will start here in the US, for obvious reasons. I will attempt to make the path as logical as possible. Hope to have this tour under way by next Monday or Tuesday since I have surgery scheduled for Thursday.

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

I am interested, NorCal.

Thanks
/Bloomfield
Leel
Tell us something.: Hi All - I am a Celtic music performer with a band called Beyond the Heather, located in the Lawrence, KS/Kansas City area. I sing, play whistles, SSP and bodharan. I've been a C&F member since 2003 but haven't posted much recently.

Post by Leel »

I'd love a shot! KC area.

LEE
mcbob

Post by mcbob »

I'd love to be included. :D
" No matter who you vote for, the government always gets in" Bono
emmline

Post by emmline »

Bloomfield wrote:I am interested, NorCal.

Thanks
Compelled to be in every tour Bloom?
What if I send around a rainstick made of paper towel tube and dried beans? Interested? :P
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

emmline wrote:
Bloomfield wrote:I am interested, NorCal.

Thanks
Compelled to be in every tour Bloom?
What if I send around a rainstick made of paper towel tube and dried beans? Interested? :P
Yes, emmline. You know I've been a bad boy. Spank me.

;)
/Bloomfield
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Leel wrote:I'd love a shot! KC area.

LEE
So in other words, you want the Weston whistle shipped to Weston, MO? :D
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

blackhawk wrote:
Leel wrote:I'd love a shot! KC area.

LEE
So in other words, you want the Weston whistle shipped to Weston, MO? :D
Good catch, Blackhawk!!!! :lol:

If anyone is interested in getting on the tour and has not sent me an email please reread my original post and send me an email.

Leel
Tell us something.: Hi All - I am a Celtic music performer with a band called Beyond the Heather, located in the Lawrence, KS/Kansas City area. I sing, play whistles, SSP and bodharan. I've been a C&F member since 2003 but haven't posted much recently.

Post by Leel »

Yes, excellent catch, BH!

I didn't even get that one myself! :roll:

Does that give me a "one-up"? :wink:
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

So far I have 12 people that have sent me an EMAIL requesting participation in the tour. 9 from the US (1 West and 8 East) and 3 from across the pond.

Would like more people from Europe and the UK to participate. I know you are out there, here is your chance for a tour.

Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

I'm not a trans-ponder,
(being on its right side
I know I stand here, not across)
but hey, it's all relative.
Now, I'm not so sure I'm your relative,
but I'll try and apply.

Regards
Paul
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

I will be shipping the whistle out on Tuesday to the location is closest to me and that has emailed a request to me by the time I leave work.

I will try to avoid as much back tracking as possible as it moves East from here. After Tuesday any additions to the tour will need to be OK'd by the tour people already in line.

I am transferring the managing of the tour to Simon.

Please contact Simon directly at sstyles@tiscali.co.uk if you wish to be considered for addition to this tour:

sstyles@tiscali.co.uk
Last edited by IDAwHOa on Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Gee... I'm just on the other side of the state from Lee in Weston, so it could come here on its way :) ... I would love to give it ago... although I'm already in on the low D tour, so can't whine too loudly if you don't send it my way...
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com