Maker help

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Grixxly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Maker help

Post by Grixxly »

All,

I have recently received a 8-key V.Kohlert. I was wondering if someone could help me learn something about the maker and when my flute was made. The head says V. Kohlert Sons Makers Graslitz C L.P. The body says V.Kohlert Makers Graslitz Bohemia C and there are 7 medals. The serial number is 237087.

Thanks,
Tony
Henke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Henke »

I suggest you post this in the mailing list at woodenflute.com. Mabey you did already, I haven't read the posts in a while.

Take care
andrew

Post by andrew »

Look on Google .You will be astonished and delighted at the research opportunities it opens up in the matter of V. Kohlert , perhaps the most prolific manufacturer of 19th/20th Century flutes in Europe. ( Usually I think at high pitch , unlike yours , thank the great flute God in the sky . Pan ?) .Those metal ended things once sold in American catalogues were horribly prolific , too !
Grixxly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Grixxly »

Thanks for the information.

BTW, I've also picked up a 6-key C.Gerock. Mine looks just like this one:

http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/S?a ... ute+in+C))

Except mine has a unicorn mark on all the pieces and my keys are salt-spoon keys, and the tone holes on my flute appear to be much larger than that picture.

Cheers,
Tony