Case for Sale

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jim_mc
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Case for Sale

Post by jim_mc »

This case was originally made for handguns. I intended to use it for some fifes, but bought it impulsively without measuring my largest fifes. Naturally, two of my fifes don't quite fit. It's a great looking case and seems incredibly protective. I'm going to order the next larger size, and so I'm selling this one. It would be a great case for one piece whistles, B flat and smaller, or for whistles or flutes that break down into pieces smaller than 17" long.

The case retails for $109, but could typically be found on eBay for $39, and sometimes a few dollars less. The eBay seller charges $15.50 for shipping and handling.

The case is brand new, in its original packaging. Its clasps are locking, and the keys are inside the case, having never been taken out of their plastic wrapper. Infinni is no longer making this exact style of case, but you can check their website for others like it (if you're interested in something similar to, but not exactly like my case, and for all the specifications.

http://www.infinni.com/

I'm looking to get $35, and I will pay the shipping. Reply via e-mail or PM per board traditions, please.

Dozens of people on this board have had financial transactions with me in the past. If you're leery of buying through this venue, I can supply references.

Thanks, and please forgive me for the commercial interruption.
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Looks like something from Mission Impossible: "Mr. Phelps, your fifes will self destruct in 15 seconds....." :o :lol:

Seriously, sharp looking case, Mr. Hunt. :wink:

Loren
Zubivka
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Zubivka »

Needing next size fife case?
That outta be for a Remington '280 fife :P
Makes me think the ultimate fife/whistle case should be signed by H&H, at the price high-end whistles go...
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Zubivka wrote:Needing next size fife case?
That outta be for a Remington '280 fife :P
Makes me think the ultimate fife/whistle case should be signed by H&H, at the price high-end whistles go...
Wouldn't that be for H & H magnum whistles :lol:

[gun geek]Dunno if there's an "H & H" in the music world - but Holland & Holland used to (still do?) make some very high end guns. My grandfather's favorite hunting rifle for more than 30 years was a custom .300 H & H magnum on a Mauser action.[/gun geek]
jim_mc
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Whoops! I showed images of cases in two different colors. The case I have is the blue one. The silver is just the only image I could find of the inside.

The only thing I know of guns are muzzle loading flintlocks (c. 18th century). You could fit a heck of a lot of fifes into the case for one of those!
Stu H
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Stu H »

Well, I don't know much about guns but it has been suggested that my next whistle should be fitted with a silencer
If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's probably me - playing a whistle!
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Jim,
Do you have the full dimensions, please (including thickness)? As you said, it's not on their site anymore, so I'd need the measurements to check my own flutes/whistles/cleaning rods, etc. I'm interested, if it works out for me. Otherwise, I was going to go for a plastic gun case, and less sure of the latch quality.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
jim_mc

Post by jim_mc »

Outer Case Dimensions: 17 1/2" X 13 1/2" X 3"
Inner Case Dimensions: 17" X 13" X 2 1/2"

It has two chrome locks, two keys, and the arms that connect the lid are set up such that it will stay open when you lay the case flat, if you wish. The latches are very sturdy. It's really nicely constructed. It would make a nice case for a laptop computer, as well.
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Stu H wrote:Well, I don't know much about guns but it has been suggested that my next whistle should be fitted with a silencer
Tell them they're lucky you're playing the whistle instead of the Military Assault Bagpipe :D :D :D
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

jim_mc wrote:Whoops! I showed images of cases in two different colors. The case I have is the blue one. The silver is just the only image I could find of the inside.

Dang, I thought the changing colors was just another one of those cool secret agent things.

Loren
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

I was thinking of getting it, but only if this: http://www.cafeshops.com/chiffandfipple ... m=yes#zoom is on the case ;)
jim_mc

Post by jim_mc »

Eric, I can arrange that for an additional $4 (U.S.) and about an extra week.
:wink:
jim_mc

Post by jim_mc »

The case has been sold.

Thanks to all for you interest.