**SOLD** -- FS practice set

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
DeffGoat
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

**SOLD** -- FS practice set

Post by DeffGoat »

New Blackwood 'Rowsome Style' Chanter with 1 key and very good bellows ...bag is good and works but not the prettiest shade of green I've seen......

€500 only

PM me for contact details

James
Last edited by DeffGoat on Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anima

Post by anima »

And who is the maker?
Calum

Post by Calum »

Martin Carrigan [private_eye]who he? - ed[/private_eye]

http://216.205.76.231/CGI-BIN/ultimateb ... p=1#000000
DeffGoat

Post by DeffGoat »

the maker is Martin Carrigan based in Clara Co. Kilkenny ...not the most well known pipe maker but is very well thought of locally and makes reeds and restores pipes for many many people. He is a Rowsome aficionado.. and gets creditted on many peoples CD's .......and is an absolute gentleman

This taken from Liam O Flynn's 'the given note'
"ON THIS THE 25th ANNIVERSARY OF HIS DEATH, THIS ALBUM IS DEDICATED TO LEO ROWSOME(1903-1970) WHOSE CONTRIBUTION TO IRISH TRADITIONAL MUSIC, AND TO THE UILLEANN PIPES IN PARTICULAR, IS INESTIMABLE.

Special Thanks:

Nicholas Carolan and Glenn Cumiskey of the Irish Traditional Music Archive, Mick O'Brien, Alan Froment, Eamonn Brophy, Michael Copeland, Martin Carrigan, Dr. Rionach ui Ogain of the Dept. of Irish Folklore U.C.D., and to Seamus Heaney for the kind words and another fine title. "

James
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Martin Carrigan is the man who reeds Rowsomes for Padraig Macmathuna, Liam Flynn, Sean Talty and many other of the finest pipers. They go there for a good reason. Martin Rochford was a close friend of him and he was the man who got Carrigan to restore the holes on Sean Talty's chanter when a certain pipemaker altered these considerably when asked to reed it. He is THE man for Rowsome stuff. His pipes are supposedly rough looking but they are said to do the business. One of my students is expecting a chanter of his.
Last edited by Cayden on Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlanB
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by AlanB »

Peter,

Now you've let that cat out, it'll go for 4 x the price :wink:

Alan
DeffGoat

Post by DeffGoat »

AlanB wrote:Peter,

Now you've let that cat out, it'll go for 4 x the price :wink:

Alan

Mmmmmm !! ...No ! ...the first €500 gets it ....whether they can play or not !

it's a very easy reed to play and is ideal for starting out on. I'm pursuing my perverse interest in mouth blown pipes and have just ordered a set of small pipes so need some cash. I bought the chanter of Martin a few months ago when my partner was getting a set and havent really touched it, it seems a shame not to use it ...but I play the Gaita more nowadays ...I'm sure it will go to a loving home soon.
AlanB
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by AlanB »

That was a glib remark to Peter in reference to something Peter remarked in another thread, nothing more, nothing less. :)
Alan
DeffGoat

Post by DeffGoat »

...and "whether they can play it or not" was also a glib remark with reference to another thread.

...Alan i didnt read your remark in any other way than it was meant ....however, if I can sell them for €2k that would sort out my gearbox and drive shaft problem..

James :D
piperjon

Re: **SOLD** -- FS practice set

Post by piperjon »

DeffGoat wrote:New Blackwood 'Rowsome Style' Chanter with 1 key and very good bellows ...bag is good and works but not the prettiest shade of green I've seen......

€500 only

PM me for contact details

James
Hi James.
Have you still got the practice set??
Let me know if you can.
Cheers.
John.
Piperjon@bigpond.net.au