Back!!!!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Whistle_along_Cassidy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Back!!!!

Post by Whistle_along_Cassidy »

i am back i guess. Good to see some old faces as well as new ones. Well ever since school started i have been so busy with marching band and cross country. Now i am second chair baritone in concert band and on the swim team, plus i am the freshman class president. Gez, life is busy and unfortunatly my whistles have been very lonely the past couple months. I also became even more interested in guitar. i have played guitar and eletric bass for a while since middle school, and i am becoming quite good. If anyone knows a good way to learn guitar accompaniment for Irish music or the chords involved i would be grateful. Well anything important go on since i was gone. I see that there is a new syn model out and bloomfield and cranberry havent changed. It's good to be back!!!!
-Andrew Cassidy

P.S. I still love my Sindt
aderyn_du
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by aderyn_du »

Best,
Andrea
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Welcome back, Andrew. :party:
antstastegood

Post by antstastegood »

Nice to see you again, Andrew.
Unreasonable person,
ants
|___|)____________O___O___O___o__O___O_____|
Caj

Re: Back!!!!

Post by Caj »

Whistle_along_Cassidy wrote: I also became even more interested in guitar. i have played guitar and eletric bass for a while since middle school, and i am becoming quite good. If anyone knows a good way to learn guitar accompaniment for Irish music or the chords involved i would be grateful.
Howdy,

I recommend this book:

Celtic Back-Up for all instrumentalists

It covers backup styles, typical chord progressions for the various modes, and how to develop the important listening and accompaniment skills that will keep the melody players happy rather than angry and stabby.

I don't play guitar, but thought it would be good to learn about common chord progressions in Irish music. This helped me as a melody instrument, because I learned to recognize common themes in tunes that made them easier to "hear" and faster to learn by ear.

Caj