Where can I sell Whistles online?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jenani
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Where can I sell Whistles online?

Post by jenani »

last year my boyfriend passed away and left me with among others things his whistle collection. he had quite a few and I think some where mid to high range.

I'm looking for a place where I can sell these to people who will love them as much as he did.
he kept them in very good condition.

any ideas?
jenani

Post by jenani »

also I don't what some of them are worth. if I posted a list of them would someone be able to help with that?
sturob
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by sturob »

Yeah, if you listed what they are, we could help.

Stuart
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

First, I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriends death.

As for your new collection, I'm sure that folks would love to help. Once you find a good asking price, you can either sell them directly here or try e-bay. Both places are good places to sell whistles. On the other hand, with a pre-made collection, if you decided to keep them and learn to play, you'd have a hand up on what we call around here, WHOA. WHOA is a disease that compells us to buy whistles.

If you prefer not to post the list publically, you may certainly e-mail me directly and I would be happy to send back the going prices.

Erik
jenani

Post by jenani »

ok here are what I could figure out about them..

ok here are the whistles

1 Feadog D
1 Sweetone by clarke D
1 Waltons D
2 MEG by clarke a C and a D
1 Susato D
1 Tony Dixon D
1 thin Weasal by Glen A. Schultz Sr. D (this one is made of PVC and is not colored kinda neat looking with the PVC specs still on it)

1 Shinny silver one that has D-Al Pro MB 9/2001 etched on it

1 Green enamaled Pipe with PH 134 B flat written on it.

and 1 silver brushed metal one with nothing but a D on it... it is of a thicker metal than the tin whistles it is smooth and beautiful.

if anyone can help me figure out what these are and how much they are worth then I would really appriciate it... also if there is one of them that you would like to purchase from me let me know.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

The D AlPro is by Mike Burke. The heavier brushed metal one is possibly a Harper -- is there a slight flare (bell) at the end?

Condolances on your loss. If you want the whistles to be loved, this is the place to sell them.

Edited to add -- the green enameled Bb is probably a Silkstone (Paul Hayward).
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
jenani

Post by jenani »

no there is no flair at the end of the brushed metal one it is straight .

as far as my boyfriends death thank you for all the condolences.. when he passed away I kinda put all his stuff away because it was to hard to deal with ... now a year later I'm able to go through the stuff...

he used to post here.. (though I think you used a different forum program then) his name was Frank Siebenborn... you might have known him as DrGiggles which was a handle he used a lot... he might have used a different handle here though so I don't know.
fancypiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

jenani wrote:1 thin Weasal by Glen A. Schultz Sr. D (this one is made of PVC and is not colored kinda neat looking with the PVC specs still on it)
This one is actually a "Water Weasel". From Glenn Schultz's page:

an accurate and sweet-sounding tunable whistle made entirely of genuine PVC Schedule 40 plastic water plumbing pipe. Lo-the Water Weasel! Made with pride and care- same great hand fashioned fipple as on the "big boys"
jenani

Post by jenani »

yep that would be it :) the Water Weasel
glauber

Post by glauber »

Very sorry about your loss.

You can have an idea about the cost of these whistles, new, at http://www.thewhistleshop.com. For the Burke, check http://burkewhistles.com.

If they're in good shape, they usually sell for about the same price, used, sometimes a little less, sometimes even a little more (in the cases that a new whistle would have a waiting list).
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Please accept my condolences. I'm sure there are some around here who knew him.

Robin
raindog1970

Post by raindog1970 »

jenani wrote:his name was Frank Siebenborn... you might have known him as DrGiggles which was a handle he used a lot...
I remember DrGiggles, but I had no idea he'd passed away... I just thought he'd moved on like people sometimes do around here.
My condolences on your loss, and I hope you find good homes for his whistles... but that shouldn't be hard to do around here.
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

jenani wrote:ok here are what I could figure out about them..

ok here are the whistles

and 1 silver brushed metal one with nothing but a D on it... it is of a thicker metal than the tin whistles it is smooth and beautiful.
Sorry for your loss.

Does anyone think this is an Overton? It sure sounds like it to me. Can you post a picture of this whistle and the Bb one as well? We could help you ID them a lot quicker that way.

Check here for Overton images:

http://www.overton.co.uk/texte/overtonuk.html
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
raindog1970

Post by raindog1970 »

NorCalMusician wrote:Does anyone think this is an Overton? It sure sounds like it to me. Can you post a picture of this whistle and the Bb one as well? We could help you ID them a lot quicker that way.
The Bb is unquestionably a Silkstone... the 'PH' painted above the serial number is Paul Hayward's initials.
All my Silkstones also have stickers that identify them as such, but this could have easily been removed.
My bet on the brushed metal whistle would be a Chieftan... all Overtons are stamped as such in addition to having the key stamped on them.
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
Yakas

Post by Yakas »

The one Chieftan I've seen had "CHIEFTAN" stamped on the back side of the whistle, near the fipple end. Of course, that was just one new whistle, and things may easily have been different for your intrument.