Q1

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
stefpat
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Q1

Post by stefpat »

Hi,
Do you already play an alba Q1?
What are your comments about this whistle?
Find on bigwhistle website.
Thanks,
pthouron

Post by pthouron »

Have one. Love it. Easiest whistle to play, very pure sound, nifty looking. A bargain at $60.00 or so.
Here is a review that was posted a while ago by our fellow C&F member Chatty Kathy:
http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... atty+kathy

PT
Marko

Post by Marko »

mine is currently waiting for me in a mail depo in south london :(
my Bill Ochs book fitted through my mailbox, but the Q1 didnt.
the depo is only open from 8 in the morning till 1300, and i have to be in work for 830 so i haven't been able to pick it up. been in xtremely bad form all week because of it.
i fall asleep every night knowing that its about 2000 meters from me and i wont be able to pick it up till friday. :cry:
my girlfriend thinks im insane, but you guys understand, right?

so anyhow, in summary, i dont know.

but i will after the weekend, i have it all planned. it involves a bottle of whiskey, my Q1, and some lip balm.
Jens_Hoppe

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

Marko wrote:i fall asleep every night knowing that its about 2000 meters from me and i wont be able to pick it up till friday. :cry:
Sure we do, we've all been through something similar. :)
pthouron

Post by pthouron »

Marko,

Believe me: it is worth the wait! Besides, isn't anticipation the best part of it?

:)

pt
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Marko wrote:mine is currently waiting for me in a mail depo in south london :(
my Bill Ochs book fitted through my mailbox, but the Q1 didnt.
the depo is only open from 8 in the morning till 1300, and i have to be in work for 830 so i haven't been able to pick it up. been in xtremely bad form all week because of it.
i fall asleep every night knowing that its about 2000 meters from me and i wont be able to pick it up till friday. :cry:

so anyhow, in summary, i dont know.

but i will after the weekend, i have it all planned. it involves a bottle of whiskey, my Q1, and some lip balm.
Can't you pick it up during your lunch break? That's what I'd do.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Marko

Post by Marko »

there wouldnt really be enough time, even if i managed to get off at 12, i work about 3/4 of an hour away from the place (and my house). i suppose if i was desperate i could be late in one morning but hell, the anticipation is probably good for me. so busy this week i wouldnt have time to play it anyhow. (remember my "bored" thread? i'm getting quite nostalgic for those days now)
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

pthouron wrote:Have one. Love it. Easiest whistle to play, very pure sound, nifty looking. A bargain at $60.00 or so.
Here is a review that was posted a while ago by our fellow C&F member Chatty Kathy:
http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... atty+kathy

PT
Ditto. Patrick summed it up.
I know top-class players who were impressed, too. It's the one whistle to practice--everywhere--carrying it around with no fear of damage.
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Mine arrived in the post here at the office today...and I only ordered it yesterday. I always have stuff delivered to the office address precisely to avoid Marko's frustration with the post office when there's no-one home to collect.

But how frustrating is this? I'm sitting with the Q1 in its nifty supplied case, right here on the desk...in a crowded office. I have to wait until knocking-off time before I can play with it!! :sniffle:
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
pthouron

Post by pthouron »

GaryKelly wrote:Mine arrived in the post here at the office today...and I only ordered it yesterday. I always have stuff delivered to the office address precisely to avoid Marko's frustration with the post office when there's no-one home to collect.

But how frustrating is this? I'm sitting with the Q1 in its nifty supplied case, right here on the desk...in a crowded office. I have to wait until knocking-off time before I can play with it!! :sniffle:
Isn't there a bathroom there? :D
Marko

to hell with professionalism

Post by Marko »

right, i decided getting my whistle was much more important than being in work on time, so i skipped down this morning to collect my Q1. now however, im in the same situation as Gary, sitting at work with my nice new shiney whistle under the desk. theres a stairwell that i had a blow in though, it sounds amazing, and the finish is superb. the fipple plug is orangey black, and really adds to the appearance of the whistle. so im happier now :wink:
Fat Freddy's Cat

Re: to hell with professionalism

Post by Fat Freddy's Cat »

Marko wrote:.....the fipple plug is orangey black, and really adds to the appearance of the whistle....
I wonder how many Tufnol fipple colours Stacey has made? My Q1 fipple is white and sky blue, whereas my Low D is orange and red. Really pretty and definitely adds to the already beautiful appearance of Alba whistles.

Marko - I was the same! I had to try and sit for a day with my Q1 on my office desk. Funny how such a simple instrument can drive you mad with anticipation. I broke after two hours and went to my car for a toot!

Cheers

FFC
"Whistles will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no whistles."
chattiekathy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

I still feel the same about this whistle as I felt when I first got it. It is my most played whistle.

Thank you Stacey for making such a great little whistle. :D

To read my review of this whistle Click Here

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
CHIFF FIPPLE

Re: to hell with professionalism

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

Fat Freddy's Cat wrote:
Marko wrote:.....the fipple plug is orangey black, and really adds to the appearance of the whistle....
I wonder how many Tufnol fipple colours Stacey has made? My Q1 fipple is white and sky blue, whereas my Low D is orange and red. Really pretty and definitely adds to the already beautiful appearance of Alba whistles.

Marko - I was the same! I had to try and sit for a day with my Q1 on my office desk. Funny how such a simple instrument can drive you mad with anticipation. I broke after two hours and went to my car for a toot!

Cheers

FFC
Teck tip
I used to only use Tufnol For the fipple plugs but now I only use a Pollyester resin based Albanite fipple that cast myself.
If any of you recall I called it fipple art
No two plugs are the same apart from the single colour ones
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Stacey - Is the referenced "Q1" the same as what was called the "practice whistle"? If so, ditto; it's a fine whistle.

Also, the Albanite in my A/G set is beautiful - looks like marble, acts like delrin.

Regards,

PhilO
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.