NOVEMBER 1ST IN WINDSOR...driving directions updated.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
MarkB

NOVEMBER 1ST IN WINDSOR...driving directions updated.

Post by MarkB »

November 1st is coming the Second semi-annual Detroit River Whistle In is it a go. Yes it is a go!

This is what I have put together for your consideration.

In June at the Frist DWI it was suggested that the second one could be or should be an over-nighter, so this what I have put together.

There is a beautifull Bed and Breakfast in the core of Windsor, not far from the tunnel. We have our sessions there on every other Thursday night and the owner is very happy to have us there.

It is called the Nisbet Inn, it has a quaint pub and dinning area plus four rooms for hire upstairs.

Everyone is welcome

Here is the website: http://www.nisbetinn.ca/

At this moment there is one room are available. They serve Guinness!

We can start gathering there in the late afternoon of November 1st, have dinner together and then settle back and play tunes until they have to close.

Sunday, the Inn serves breakfast from 11:00 Pm to 3:00 Pm. The owner doesn't really want us to start playing until after 3:00 PM when the pub is in a regular operations mode.

If that is to late for us to start on Sunday, we can move in mass to the Kildare House where the last whistle in was in June for lunch and super until everyone wants to head for home.

I can put up someone on the couch at my place, and if others want to stay, please bring your sleeping bag and pajamas.

Warning! I have two cats that have free reign of my place, so if you are allergic to them I will post some links to hotels in downtown Windsor that are in walking distance of the Nisbet Inn.

Hotels in downtown Windsor:

Ramada Plaza Hotel
http://reservations.findlocalpages.com/ ... 6757O.html

Quality Suites Downtown
http://reservations.findlocalpages.com/ ... 8902O.html

Days Inn Windsor
http://reservations.findlocalpages.com/ ... 8741O.html

Everyone is welcome. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Sunday afternoon will be at the Kildare House from 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM

Directions To Kildare House Pub:
(1880 Wyandotte St E.)

i) From Ambassador Bridge, follow ’downtown’ exit Right (North) to Riverside Drive, Turn Right (East), turn Right (South) onto Walker Road, turn Right (West) onto Wyandotte Street, ~two blocks on RHS.

ii) From Windsor/Detroit Tunnel, turn Right (East) onto Park St, Left (North) on Goyeau, Turn Right (East) on Riverside Drive, turn Right (South) onto Walker Road, turn Right (West) onto Wyandotte Street, ~two blocks on RHS.

iii) From Hwy 401,exit on 46 to Walker Road, turn Right (North) on Walker Road, turn Left (West) onto Wyandotte Street, ~two blocks on RHS.

1880 Wyandotte St E. is the Northwest corner of Kildare and Wyandotte. Should you become disoriented the pub’s telephone number is (519)-252-4003

Directions to the Nisbet Inn:

If you are coming via the Detroit Windsor Tunnel turn left from the Tunnel exit and go to the traffic light, that is Ouellette Avenue, turn left and proceed South for four (4) traffic lights (there is a irregular traffic light between your first left turn and Wyandotte Street [a major intersection] I counted that one),

Make a Right turn on to Erie Street East, it is a very short block to your next Right turn on to Pelissier Street ( a one way street heading North [back the way you came], head to the next Stop Sign [which is Eliott Street]

The parking lot entrance for the Nisbet Inn is on your left JUST BEFORE that Stop Sign.

If you are coming from Southern Ontario via the 401, follow the signs for the Windsor Tunnel entrance.

401 to Dougall Street, stay on Dougall it blends right into Ouellette Avenue. Go over the rail bridge to Tecumseh Street [ I include this for a landmark,] keep heading South to downtown Windsor.

Look for Erie Street traffic light and left hand turning lane [there will a hospital on your right and a Beckers on the Northwest corner]

Turn left there [West] and be ready to make a quick right hand turn onto Pelissier Street [one way going North] proceed North on Pelissier Street.

Just before the next Stop Sign at Eliott Street, the entrance to the Nisbet Inn parking lot is on your left.

See you all there!

MarkB
Last edited by MarkB on Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
thurlowe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by thurlowe »

Make that three rooms available, Mark!

I made my reservation :D

See you there!

Cara
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

All Right! Cara bring your mini disc recorder so that we can post tunes here after.

MarkB
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

thurlowe wrote:Make that three rooms available, Mark!

I made my reservation :D

See you there!

Cara
Make it two. Do I hear one?

Steve
Paul Reid
antispam: No

Post by Paul Reid »

Sounds like a blast! I'll have to see if we can survive the Hallowe'en night out with the kids and drive up on Saturday. I'm lucky my wife is from Windsor originally (actually Tecumseh) so we've got a place to crash.

Can I bring the pipes?

Cheers,

PR
PR

c[]|________||___o__o__O___o__O__º__º__||_]
      \\
thurlowe

Post by thurlowe »

Hope you make it, Paul! Definitely bring your pipes.

And I hope even more people who didn't make it last time will join us, it was great fun.

Cara
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Although I call this gathering a Whistle In, the pipes are definitely invited! So Paul please bring them.

This is open to anyone who wants to attend.

MarkB
marcpipes

Post by marcpipes »

I'll try to make it. I'm just across the river in Wyandotte(the city not the street).
Marc(the other MarcB)
Paul Reid

Post by Paul Reid »

*ahem* ... probably the most important link... :-)

http://www.nisbetinn.ca/pub/on_tap.htm
PR

c[]|________||___o__o__O___o__O__º__º__||_]
      \\
NicoMoreno
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

I would love to come. But I don't think I will be able to. I will get back to you!
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Nico, the invitation is open, come if you can make it we would be happy to meet you.

MarkB
janice

Post by janice »

I would love to come, but I'm way more bogged down in homework than I originally thought I would be.........I'm gonna try anyway!!
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Darn Janice! Don't you have five years to complete your PhD?

MarkB
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Sorry, but I had to bump this one up to make sure everyone has seen it.

MarkB
thurlowe

Post by thurlowe »

And let's not forget about Kevin (Duckrasta), who will be turning 21! Not that that matters, in Windsor. But the recent loss of a certain Greek princess is reason enough for us to help him drown his sorrows. I may need some help kidnapping him from campus. Who wants to help? Come on, it'll be fun!

Cara