Frustration with music software... Real format to MP3? Help!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Sunnywindo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Frustration with music software... Real format to MP3? Help!

Post by Sunnywindo »

Okay, I did something really dumb. :sniffle: I once made some recordings in .rmj format instead of .mp3 or some other format. (.rmj is Real Media/Real Jukeboxes format) But since my computer died a few weeks back, and now I am starting over with installing programs, I'm not sure I want to deal with Real Media Player/Jukebox anymore. But my Windows Media Player will not play the files in .rmj format. Does anyone know of any other program that will support this kind of format... or better yet, any way of taking these .rmj files and changing them into .mp3 or some other format that will work with Windows Media? Help please? Anyone?

:) Sara
Last edited by Sunnywindo on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
LimuHead
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

Real Audio sucks. I've had nothing but problems with it.

I'm bumping this thread because I want to know the answer too! :-? (I ended up re-recording all my CD's with MusicMatch Jukebox, but still have useless Real Audio files on my hard disk....)
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

There was a thread on this very subject quite a while back. Someone came up with some app that played everything. I downloaded it and tried it out and was pretty happy with it but alas it is no longer with me(long story) and I can`t remember what the heck it was called. :roll:
Just wanted you to know that there is hope. I hate real one and the sites that limit there files to this lousy piece of spy ware. Hopefully someone will remember what that app was and I will attempt a search but that could take days.

Tom
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

Okay, I about went cross eyed trying to do a search here, though I found some interesting coversations about how much some chiffy folks dislike Real Media. I changed the name of the topic a bit, hoping to clarify the topic and what kind of help is needed. Surely there is someone out there who currently has a program, or knows enough about this sort of thing who can help? Blackbeer has added some hope here, but more info would be wonderous. When it comes to software like this, I admit to being pretty dense. Neeed.... heeeelp! Oooh peeeerty pweeeeeease! Someone? Anyone? :o

:) Sara
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
peteinmn

Frustration with music software... Real format to MP3? Help

Post by peteinmn »

Did some looking around. Here's a shareware program that claims to handle those pesky Real Audio files and let you convert them. Hope this helps.

http://www.fmjsoft.com/awaveaudio.html
Shut up and drink your gin! - Fagin
raindog1970
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

Unfortunately, Awave won't convert RMJ files... It's still a great program though.
I have the necessary software to make the conversion, but it's a copy of an older release that's no longer available... Real Networks threatened leagal action, so they removed support for all Real Media formats from the program.
If you know how to FTP files, I'd be happy to convert them for you.
I have a cable Internet connection, and I run a private FTP server for friends quite frequently... it would be no problem to set up access for you.
Let me know via e-mail or PM if you're interested, and I'll give you my IP address and your FTP login and password... it should only take a few minutes to convert the files to MP3 for you.
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

-LOTR-
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Hey Sara, I found it. :D http://www.ultraplayer.com
It seems to be able to play just about everything including Real one. And best of all it`s FREE!!!! Hope this helps

Tom
madguy

Post by madguy »

Thanks for that link, Tom. I'll have to check it out later tonight.

~Larry