ANNOUNCE: Miscellaneous news from Serpent Music

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
serpent
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

ANNOUNCE: Miscellaneous news from Serpent Music

Post by serpent »

In accordance with C&F rules, this is a one-time announcement.

First and foremost, Serpent whistles are now available from Mountain Music in Shawnee, KS, and will soon be available in County Limerick, Ireland, and Adelaide, South Australia. I will announce the latter two when they are actually purchase-able in those venues. For Ireland, please check with mailto:steve@shannaquay.com for availability date. For Australia, please check with mailto:australia@serpentmusic.com - the agent's name is Roma.

Secondly, after much feedback from owners, I have changed the fipple plug material from solid brass, to Delrin. People were noting that the whistles were top-heavy, especially in the larger ones (Dreadnought, Python, Anaconda). The new fipple plug is functionally identical to the brass, except for specific heat, so warms up and cools down a bit faster. I will do a free upgrade for anyone with any of the abovementioned whistles who wants to send me the head and $5 for shipping.

Finally, I am actively seeking outlets in other states and countries. If you know of appropriate music shops, please email me mailto:serpent@serpentmusic.com And if you'd like to become an agent, with commission, please notify me there, as well for details.

That's it for this month! Thank you all for your continuing support!
Bill Whedon (serpent)
Serpent Music
Last edited by serpent on Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"
TomB

Post by TomB »

Serpent- Nice to hear from you on the Board again. Seems like your whistle business is going "great guns." That's great news.

Take care and enjoy the grand baby.

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

You should make a whistle called The Addle Adder. Seriously, though, glad you are finding new markets.
trisha

Post by trisha »

Hope they're coming in to Ireland at an extremely favourable price :D :D :D

Trisha
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Glad to see you're still alive and doing well, Bill. You sorta disappeared there for a while.

Hrm, I actually like the brass fipple in mine, but it's just a little high D. But then, I'm not a fan of plastics in general.. Oh well, whatever makes your customers happy....
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

TelegramSam wrote:Glad to see you're still alive and doing well, Bill. You sorta disappeared there for a while.

Hrm, I actually like the brass fipple in mine, but it's just a little high D. But then, I'm not a fan of plastics in general.. Oh well, whatever makes your customers happy....
I agree...welcome back, Bill!

The copper D you made me is still one of my favorite whistles...you did a fine job on it.

--James
chattiekathy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Way to Go Bill!!!
Sounds like everything is going well with Serpent Whistles! :D

I am excited that I will be one of the first to try out the new fipple on my Brass trio that I won at christmas time. I am expecting it sometime this week or next. :D

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Paul

Post by Paul »

Bill, that is all fantastic news! Congratulations on the new retail outlet sales. I guess you are now Serpent International huh? :D

-Paul
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

You're a good man, Serpent. You deserve nothing but success. I'm definitely on your cheering squad.

Best wishes,
Jerry
McHaffie

You 'da man!!!!!!!!

Post by McHaffie »

Cool Beans Serp! That's fantastic stuff!!! HEY!! You still gotta swing down here and lemme buy you a round. Sounds like you're a bit strapped for time right now, but you better get your butt down here and if nothing else, at least get a whistle duet with the group going with me at the local hoolie sometime!

Take care and here's to your success my friend!!!! All the best to ya! :D

John
"Remember... No matter where you go... there you are..."
-Buckaroo Banzai
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Hey Serpie-- good to see you back. Sounds like your new developments are very promising. Keep up the good work!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Good to hear from you again, Serp. The news in your post constitutes the only acceptable excuse for your long absence.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar