Old Mystery Whistle book?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Ben Shaffer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Ive played Irish Flute for a number of Years. Have played Sessions as well but not currently. I have also played Colonial American Flute in reenactment Groups. Started playing Clarinet in 1960 in School and later Community Bands. Also have played Bagpipes Solo as well as in Pipe Bands I played Drums in a Garage band in High School, probably my Instrument I played the best!

Old Mystery Whistle book?

Post by Ben Shaffer »

So I got this Whistle Tutor Book maybe back in the mid 90's. It had alot of really great Tunes, some wellknown and some not. I loaned the Book out to someone at a session and never got it back. I'd like to get a another Copy. I don't know the name of the Book. but it had a somewhat stocky Gentleman on the Cover playing maybe a Generation whistle presumable at a session. He had long dark Hair and a Tweed type driving Hat The Cover was glossy White.. Anyone have any idea of the Book in question? A quick google search did not pull it up :(
Last edited by Ben Shaffer on Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Shaffer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Ive played Irish Flute for a number of Years. Have played Sessions as well but not currently. I have also played Colonial American Flute in reenactment Groups. Started playing Clarinet in 1960 in School and later Community Bands. Also have played Bagpipes Solo as well as in Pipe Bands I played Drums in a Garage band in High School, probably my Instrument I played the best!

Re: Old Mystery Whistle book?

Post by Ben Shaffer »

Well digging a little deeper on Google I found and ordered an old copy of the Book. Its Geraldine Cotter's Tradition Irish Tin Whistle Tutor . I believe its still in print and readily available Even if you play the Whistle i would recommend this Book as its got alot of great Tunes, some well know and others less so This was actually the very first Tunebook I came across, well before I played any Sessions. I think it may have first been published in 1989. I thnk I also got Oneils around then, but did not use it as much as Cotters Book.