New to the board.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Gunnar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

New to the board.

Post by Gunnar »

Hi,
My name is Alex and I am new to this board. I have been playing the Tinwhistle for about 2 months now.

My favorite whistle is my semi-glittery green Clark sweet tone D.

My following collection of whistles consist of:
Clark sweet tone D
Nickle Plated O'Briain D
Feadog D
Guinness D (Tuneable)

I can play Scarborough Fair, London Bridge, The Muffin Man, and Drunken Sailor from memory :) and currently working on the air 'The Sally Gardens.'

Thanks!
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

Welcome, Gunnar! You have a good start already. Sweetone is an excellent place to start, and already some tunes learned! Scarborough Faire is a good first tune as well. Enjoy!
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

Hi, Alex! Welcome aboard! Hope everyone here encourages you to keep playing . . . it's awfully fun. This is a great groups to chat with, the daily messageboard visits become a bad habit, but everyone is so nice here. :D
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Well met Gunner you have sure come to the right place. I think you will find that this place is very special and the people you meet here will blow you away with their kindness and thoughtfulness. Have fun with your whistles and don`t be afraid to ask any questions you have.

Tom
Paul

Post by Paul »

Welcome, Gunnar. This is a great place. It will keep you focused on learning the whistle. Lots of friendly folks here. Hope to see you around.

-Paul
Byll
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Welcome on board, Gunnar. This place can quickly become addictive. Please know that resistance is futile...
Best to 'ye.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
Jack

Post by Jack »

Hello.
lilymaid

Post by lilymaid »

Hello, Gunnar. “The Salley Gardens” was my first tune. Good choice. :) My niece is quite fond of "The Muffin Man."
Catch from the board of beauty
Such careless crumbs as fall.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
Jack

Post by Jack »

Hello, Gunnar. “The Salley Gardens” was my first tune. Good choice. My niece is quite fond of "The Muffin Man."
My first song I played completely through without the sheet music was either Old MacDonald or Amazing Grace. It was only a couple months ago, so I should remember for sure, but apparently I went senile in that amount of time, because I don't.
serpent

Hey!!!

Post by serpent »

Anyone who has a Guiness whistle can't be all bad! :D
Welcome! Keep on whistlin'!
:D
serpent
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Hi Gunnar Alex,

There's also a reel called The Sally Gardens, quite a different type of tune - so welcome to the confusing world if Irish Traditional music.

BTW - if your Guinness is tuneable, ths the Feadog should be too - just warm the head in hot (not boiling water) so it expands a bit and give it a twist. Is your Feadog Brass, Nickel or colour coated?
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody ;)
Martin Milner wrote:Hi Gunnar Alex,
BTW - if your Guinness is tuneable, ths the Feadog should be too - just warm the head in hot (not boiling water) so it expands a bit and give it a twist. Is your Feadog Brass, Nickel or colour coated?
Well the Guinness is a Walton's in disguise and the fipple wasn't glued. I haven't really messed with the Feadóg yet. It is Brass with a green fipple BTW.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Gunnar wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome everybody ;)
Martin Milner wrote:Hi Gunnar Alex,
Well the Guinness is a Walton's in disguise and the fipple wasn't glued. I haven't really messed with the Feadóg yet. It is Brass with a green fipple BTW.
Well you got me, I thought Guiness fipples were always glued.

The Brass Feadóg is a nice whistle, there was a thread singign their praises here a couple of weeks ago. I have bought several and used some of the heads to transplant onto other bodies (Doolin & Oak). I don't think the heads are ever glued on these, but they are a tight fit.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing