Tell us why you're happy! :)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
adeiladwr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Tell us why you're happy! :)

Post by adeiladwr »

I've just learnt "Ye Banks and Braes of Bonny Doon"! :)

What are you happy about? New tune, new whistle, new love? Tell us!

Cheers, all,
ad
rbm

Post by rbm »

"Banks 'n' Braes" plays well on a low G using D fingering or a low D
its in a set I've been learing

Banks 'n' Breas then The maid of county Down and into Swindon.

Richard.
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Are you referring to the periodic happiness that results from an event of some kind or the daily "joy in living" kind of happiness?

I did get my new Dixon flute and 3 bamboo flutes by Erik the Flutemaker. So that is cause for a burst of the short term type of happiness.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
jim_mc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

I'm just one of those terminally content souls. Plus I just got home, having worked 43 of the last 60 hours, I'm off for the next 5 days and the snow didn't accumulate in my driveway. Now I'm going to take a nap!
:D :) :) :) :D :) :) :) :D
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

It's monday morning at work, I have the Corrs on, as the radio's not working.
I'm still grinning after a Sunday's viewing of an old anime series I must have taped when I was fifteen. Brings back memories of summer vacations . . .fun.

Oh, yeah, and there's this guy . . . who likes Mac computers and anime and Irtrad. He's the leather mug maker of my rennisance fair.

yum.

So it's a good start to a monday.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

It's monday morning at work, I have the Corrs on, as the radio's not working.
I'm still grinning after a Sunday's viewing of an old anime series I must have taped when I was fifteen. Brings back memories of summer vacations . . .fun.

Oh, yeah, and there's this guy . . . who likes Mac computers and anime and Irtrad. He's the leather mug maker of my rennisance fair.

yum.

So it's a good start to a monday.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Happiness is...

Ok...well that song Does make me smile! Gotta love "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown"!

Lets see...
I've had a flute for 6 months now that I LOVE; I'm getting good tones; I'm finally memorizing pieces and getting away from written music; I can play reels!; It's spring!; I've got a great job!;

ok..ok...call me "Pollyanna"!
Emilie

Post by Emilie »

Well, I came to Norway for 2 years ago, and I haven't been able to work before January this year, and then I got a job in February, and today I got PAID for the job! yay! :)

It was my first salary since DECEMBER 2000. So it really was a good feeling. I feel like I'm part of society again.

Emilie
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Because Serpent is using that funnyass name again. :D
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

except it says Toronto Canada? Will the real Adelaide-ladder stand up??

Happiness was getting a big ol gig on St. Pat's and actually making a few bux for efforts. Since I started whistling, that was a goal.

Happiness is having upcoming gigs, regular rehearsals and playing music with people in the same "groove" (for want of better word). In whistling and Irtrad, its having your musical self take over in the middle of a fast reel and having the notes happen as you practiced them, without even having a chance to think about it.

"There's more to life than whistling, but not much more!"
french

Post by french »

i found a big fuzzy whistle swab in duesseldorf tody for my one piece low d's (actually made for a soprano sax). at the same store, i found a b-flat generation for 7 euros.

i'm happy!

- tom
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

In the last couple of weeks, I've gotten a flute (antique six-key boxwood), a Harper D, and a Silkstone D+. The flute is exactly what I was looking for, the Harper is the best whistle I've gotten in ages, and the D+ is certainly a concept I'm interested in.

Anyone else play a Harper D? I've got a G-A combo which is nice, but this D has just blown me away.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
fatveg

Post by fatveg »

My beloved Shaw Hi-D is working again after a couple months of deterioration. Managed to finally tweak it back to life.
<i>"Music is more like water than a rinoceros. It doesn't chase madly down one path. It runs away in every direction" - E. Costello</i>
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

If I told you I would have to shoot you! :D

The people that I work with think I am to happy to many times at work and really want to wipe that continuous smile off my face.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

Okay Crystal.... Hi Pollyanna!!! Image (Actually, I think Pollyanna had about the right idea.)

"If you're happy and you know it clap your hands." *clap clap*

Seeing as it's better to look on the glass is half full side of life as much as possible, here is what I am happy about right now (in random order):

I have a wonderful close knit little family where we all love and care for each other dearly. We don't have to go to bed hungery at night, and we don't live in frequent fear for our lives like some in this world do. A solid, cozy home. Freedom. Hope and faith. Furniture so we don't have to sit, eat, or sleep on the floor. Good friends. Good books. Hot water and indoor plumbing. Indoor heat for winter, cooler for summer. Clean clothing. Health and strength to walk, run. Spring. (Summer, fall and winter to.) Daffodils blooming in the yard, rose garden getting leafy, pretty pink blossoms on the plum tree. Good, honest work. A car that runs great. Appliances such as stove, fridge, microwave, washing machine and dryer. Knowledge, with the chance to improve and learn more everyday. Kitty cats and puppy dogs. Kite flying. Fresh fruit. (Could go on and on here, but for the sake of space we will wrap it up with....) Last but certainly not least, MUSIC; a voice to sing and whistles and a guitar to practice on and make music with. Music is SOOOOO heavenly! Oh, and a newly upgraded computer so I can chat with you all and type this up without worry that my computer will crash... right... now....

With Happiness and Gratitude in My Heart,

Image Sara
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-