New flutes all in.

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

New flutes all in.

Post by Flyingcursor »

Dixon 3 piece and Erik the Flutemaker bamboo.

My Dixon 3 piece came in on Friday. I had posted a little about it then. Now that I've had a chance to play it more I've found that the embrasure IS a little tighter then the Boehm keyed flutes. But it's merely a matter of tightening. I haven't gone higher then the 3rd D yet.
So far I've been extremely pleased with it.

Also. I got 3 Erik bamboo flutes. I called him Wednesday and they arrived on Saturday. I went the extra mile and got the leather pouches. These pouches are beautifully built. Erik was very friendly and helpful. In addition he included a hand written thank you note. A nice touch.

I purchased a G, Bb and C. Each one blows nicely and clear. The finger spacing is positioned for easy finger reach. They are in tune and in tune with themselves. I play the C a little flat but it's just me.

I am anxious to try them on some of the songs at church. Speaking of which I must be going.

Thanks to everyone who's posts helped me with a decision.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
rewetzel1
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by rewetzel1 »

Sounds like you're having fun with your new flutes :)

I ordered a shakuhachi from erik the flutemaker as I was delighted to finally find one in a price range I could afford. I didn't know how long it would take to receive it but hopefully I will get it as fast as you got your items. the cheapest student shakuhachi I could find was around 300 dollars so if this even makes in-tune noise, it'll be worth the price.