Geoff Wooff D full set

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Prophet
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Geoff Wooff D full set

Post by Prophet »

I'm considering selling my full set of Geoff Wooff uilleann pipes in ebony, brass, boxwood mounts. Pitched in D. These pipes are not a narrow bore but a "middle" bore set with volume similar to a fiddle - yet still retaining that sweet flat pipe tone. Made for me while Geoff was living in Milltown Malbay Co. Clare. They have all the usual Wooff features - fully keyd chanter, hollow stock, sliding bass regulator, handmade bag and bellows etc. There is a small chip off the tenor drone boxwood mount, and one of the bellows hinge screws is missing, both could be replaced. Unique set. Serious offers only please.
Prophet

Re: Geoff Wooff D full set

Post by Prophet »

Patrick D'Arcy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

geoff wooff

Post by geoff wooff »

I'm not trying to help this fellow sell his pipes, I think he should keep them as he is one fine player!,

BUT, if anyone is in the market for one of these NBD's or is even on my waiting list for one then this is a good one and you should buy it because even if you are on the list, so are a load of other people , and there'll not be many more of these made.

Contrary to what Mark has wrote it is a Narrow Bore Chanter , it just does not pheep like some but has a good voice for the nice session as it was designed to .

Best regards,
Geoff.