FS: Copeland Sterling Silver whistle in Eb - SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
ahogrelius
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm just trying to update my profile. I need to change my location since I no longer is living in Sweden. I'm still playing the whistle though for the most time I'm just a lurker on the Chiff and Fipple board.

FS: Copeland Sterling Silver whistle in Eb - SOLD

Post by ahogrelius »

After some deep soul searching I have decided to part with my Copeland Eb whistle in Sterling Silver (serial no 3176)
I haven't used it in a while but it is an absolutely brilliant whistle that deserves to be used rather than sitting in my drawer collecting dust. I bought it on eBay many years ago and had it checked out by Mr Copeland immediately after I bought it. It will tune down to D which makes it a little bit more usable than a standard Eb though this also means that you will have to blow it into tune. I guess this is something we all have to do with our whistles anyway since it is impossible to make a whistle that is completely in tune with itself throughout all octaves...

I'm willing to ship the whistle worldwide and of course the only way I will do it is via registered and insured mail!

Please PM me if you are interested. I wanted to give all C&F members first dibs on this whistle instead of putting it directly on eBay.
I have an idea of the ballpark in which the price should be but want you to give me offers.

As this is an expensive little whistle I'm sure prospective buyers wants to know that I'm trustworthy. I've put whistles up for sale on a few other occasions here on C&F and have bought some too so I'm sure there are other members who would vouch for me if necessary.

Anders
If tin whistles are made of tin, what are foghorns made of?