Bay Area Winter Gathering: Feb 11

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
fel bautista
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

Richard Katz wrote: I did get to try her new Rogge snakewood set. Beautiful looking set!

Cheers! Richard
Hi Richard-good to hear from you. I keep telling Justine that if she can't play them becanuse her hand is hurting (recurring death grip) that I would come up and play them for her... golly- she just keeps telling me to buzz off... don't understand ;-)

Mike has some good tunes... I like playing with him as well
feadogin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by feadogin »

Oh, sure, Richard says nice things about my set here, but at the party it was like, "Your set's too small & girly for me!" :P

See y'all at the next party,

J.
Richard Katz

Post by Richard Katz »

Hey Justine,

First off...your avatar pic looks just like you. Always wanted to tell you that.

Your set is gorgeous, but it is set up (naturally) for you. You being petite and all, it was just to small for me to be comfortable playing.

It really shows how important it is for uilleann pipes to fit the player.

Hey maybe I am way too masculine for a girlie set after all? Thanks for the subtle compliment!

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending how you look at it), I just started a new job and I won't be able to make it to Seattle. Take lots of pics of people and pipes, OK?

The tunes I played, in case anyone cares, were:
I Buried My Wife and Danced on Her Grave, Fraher's Jig, Garret Barry's Jig, The Wild Rose of the Mountain, Maggie in the Woods, Merrily Kiss the Quaker, Wendell's Wedding, and others that I can't recall now.

Oh, and don't forget the lovely rendition of The Derry Air with singing by the young red-haired lass there. One of Paddy Keenan's favorites by the way (at least that is what he told me).

See you all at the next gathering.

Cheers! Richard
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

feadogin wrote:Oh, sure, Richard says nice things about my set here, but at the party it was like, "Your set's too small & girly for me!"
Small?? maybe delicate with way Andreas does the pins on the keys. Non-Girly is the Holy Order Set. Besides, John Murphy from the cork Pipers club has an ebony Rogge set like yours.
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

My set is actually smaller and more compact than the older Rogge sets I've seen. Hey, aren't we in the wrong forum for this conversation? :wink:

Thanks for saying I look like my avatar, Richard! I like to think it's more that Louise & I share an attitude rather than appearance...

See yez soon,

J.
LimuHead
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

Quote:
So when's the next one? big grin

Next June? My mom's? If there's sufficient interest, things are possible.
Tony

-----------------------------------------------

Next June sounds good. I may be in Hawaii one of those weekends. I'll know for sure as June gets closer.

Did anyone get any recordings of the last one?
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband