OT: Just for fun -- Myers-Briggs

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Snuh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Snuh »

ISFJ. Seemed to be a pretty acurate description in most ways. Some were way off though.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Feadan, I'm glad you said "grey area," and not grey matter!

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

INFJ here...boy, that sounds pretty boring...moderately expressed on everything.

Kind of like unsalted butter!

I'm surprised I'm classified as an introvert, though. My coworkers would probably have another opinion! Although I do tend to get lost in a crowd of strangers, maybe that's why.

Robin

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spittin_in_the_wind on 2003-02-10 20:49 ]</font>
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

On 2003-02-10 20:47, spittin_in_the_wind wrote:
INFJ here...boy, that sounds pretty boring...moderately expressed on everything.

Kind of like unsalted butter!

I'm surprised I'm classified as an introvert, though. My coworkers would probably have another opinion! Although I do tend to get lost in a crowd of strangers, maybe that's why.

Robin

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spittin_in_the_wind on 2003-02-10 20:49 ]</font>
Hey, as an INFJ, I resemble that remark! :wink:

You may be a bit confused about the meaning of "introvert" in this context. It doesn't mean "shy," or even necessarily "reserved." An "introvert," according to Jung, is a person who needs alone time to recharge, whereas an extravert needs time with others to recharge. Introverts may enjoy interaction with others a great deal, but they NEED downtime to avoid getting tired and stressed. Extraverts are the opposite...they may enjoy having quiet time on occasion, but what energizes them is spending time with others.

Redwolf
Feadan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Feadan »

On 2003-02-10 20:46, MarkB wrote:
Feadan, I'm glad you said "grey area," and not grey matter!
Well yeah...that too. :grin:

David
sturob

Post by sturob »

The few, the proud.

The ENFP.

I retook it to make sure. I've been an ENFP every single time I've taken that test for the last 10 years.

:wink:

Stuart
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

http://typelogic.com/intp.html

Nobody else here is INTP? Oh poo. Well Albert Einstien was on the list of famous INTP folks, so :razz:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TelegramSam on 2003-02-10 21:56 ]</font>
mvhplank
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by mvhplank »

Very solid I and J, but right on the borderline S/N and F/T.

The first run was ISFJ and I re-ran it swapping some answers I waffled about. So, I'm a thinking introvert and all else is subject to change without notice.

M
Marguerite
Gettysburg
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

ENTP -- I've been tested several times over the years, and it's always the same. It seems that the first impulse HR directors have on meeting me is "That boy needs tested." So I get to do a Myers-Briggs for them, then they look at it and say something like "That explains a lot." (Also my wife's reaction when I showed her.)

Here's another page dewscribing the types -- http://keirsey.com/matrix.html

This happy little crew of cutpurses and ne'er-do-wells at C and F is way out of kilter with the general population. NTs (the Rationalists or Conceptualists, depending on whose label you use) and NF (the Idealists) make up together about 15 percent of the generaln population, but we've got more than 30 percent NTs and almost half NFs. The Guardians/Traditionalists and Artisans/Experiencers (SJ and SP respectively) are between 75 and 85 percent of the population, but we've got only about 15 percent here.

What the hell this means is anybody's guess, but I'm an ENTP, so I can't help noticing the relationship.
Nyghtshayde

Post by Nyghtshayde »

INTJ here -runs over to to see exactly what that's supposed to mean-

-Shay
Sara

Post by Sara »

Very interesting. . .

I'm an INFJ! :smile:
Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot.

You can't hear the truth over your own lawnmower, man!
tripletdad

Post by tripletdad »

INFP and loving it.
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

On 2003-02-10 21:53, TelegramSam wrote:
http://typelogic.com/intp.html

Nobody else here is INTP? Oh poo. Well Albert Einstien was on the list of famous INTP folks, so :razz:
Actually, you're one of three so far - the others being me and gitchel. Given that the normal INTP distribution is one percent of he population, it looks like we're really over-represented here.

For the fun of it, I tallied the responses so far. It was rather difficult because Redwolf posted 148 times (okay, a SLIGHT exaggeration.)

Introvert / Extrovert: 28 / 8

Sensing / iNtuiting: 6 / 26

Thinking / Feeling: 16 / 16 (this probably explains the split between the "sheet music" vs. "just listen" types.

Perceiving / Judging 14 / 17

SO - a bunch of introverts who tend to respond intuitively rather than sensibly...

Yup, that pretty much explains a bunch of Internet message board fanatics with an obsessive whistle acquisition disorder.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Clark on 2003-02-11 01:44 ]</font>
hank123

Post by hank123 »

INTP here also Telegram Sam. Truly the few and the proud. Socrates was in there with us too. SWEEEEEET. Socrates whistled some towards the end there before he dranka da hemlock vino- played whistle to occupy his time and make himself a better person (think I saw that in Phaedo somewhere back when I was reading Plato).
revwhit

Post by revwhit »

ENFJ

Whit+

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: revwhit on 2003-02-11 10:30 ]</font>