"WhistleMark"-absolute measure of whistle quality

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Jetboy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jetboy »

Loren wrote:
Dale wrote:
Loren wrote:Cool Michael.

Wouldn't it be funny if the "perfect" whistle will turned out to be a Recorder.....

:twisted:

Loren

I wonder if any makers would be willing to volunteer to have their whistles measured to set the standard for the "perfect whistle."
Something tells me Dale that there will be no end of budding whistle builderers offering up their instruments as examples.

Loren
I will be first in the queue - not to have my whistles put up as the 'perfect whistle' but just to see how they measure up in comparison.
www.westonwhistles.co.uk

I am in a World of my own. But I am happy here, everyone knows me!
Cron-Z
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Cron-Z »

walrii wrote:If I understood what eskin and MTGuru are talking about, I would be VERY impressed.
It's more impressive when you don't understand... when you don't understand, it's all big words that sound cool. :D !

It's a cool test, but you can't put total 'flawless' integrity on it just like that. One of the common testing/scientific analysis mistake is ignoring or not fully understanding the human impact/influence/element. You can have a robot-test with the same air-flow and have constant data, or you can have a human-test play the whistle and have inconsistant data with the human's emotion or health getting in the way, unless you account for every human variable possible or averaging the results by testing several time each whistle.

Just my two cents ;)...
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Cron-Z wrote:
walrii wrote: or you can have a human-test play the whistle and have inconsistant data with the human's emotion or health getting in the way,

Just my two cents ;)...
I have found whistle players to be an extremely healthy lot, and emotionally stable. Particularly the ones on C&F. Perhaps you have forgotten the rigorous test machine we went through to be here.
Cron-Z
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Cron-Z »

Truth be told, I don't remember much after taking the green pill. :P
larrym.

Post by larrym. »

:-? If I understood a word of all the technical jargon that's been used perhaps I could post a semi-intelligent reply?! Ah yes, at times ignorance is bliss! _______

Larry
[/i]
"For God so loved the world that He gave His One and Only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
brianormond

Post by brianormond »

-Having a perfect whistle, I'll license out samples and collect a stream of royalties. Life will be much easier.
Thank you, Whistlemark.
riverman

Post by riverman »

David O'Brien certainly has nothing to worry about with this Rover C in Bocote I'm holding in my hands.

...NO! You can't have it! It's MINE!!
"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away." --Jesus Christ.
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by MTGuru »

eskin wrote:Just get those infants lined up for acoustic response profiling from the Nielsen families so we can finish this software before the investors pull the plug and we'll let someone else worry about the robots.
Michael, I'm having serious problems lining up enough of those Chinese-speaking babies. It seems that most of them are very inconveniently located in China. And our budget doesn't even allow me to order Chinese take-out, much less fly to Beijing. The ones I've found here are OK, but they seem a lot more interested in flinging mashed rice all over our test apparatus and pulling out their brain probes than helping us with data collection. Frankly, I'd rather work with ham-fisted robots.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Denny

Post by Denny »

MT, you go to wrong restaurants....wha' yo thinkin'? :-?

maybe SF, eh?
Brigitte

Post by Brigitte »

....just one question as I still have no clue what this is all about. It is 1st octave D, 1st octave A and 2nd octave D that get blown and from these 3 notes as seen in the youtube move the measurement results are worked out?

Brigitte
Wenn die Klügeren nachgeben,
regieren die Dummköpfe die Welt.
(Jean Claude Riber)
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Hi John, Michael,

My selection team would like to discuss the tender. Lunch seems appropriate.

Vegas?
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
eskin

Post by eskin »

dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Re: "WhistleMark"-absolute measure of whistle qual

Post by dfernandez77 »

eskin wrote:it is possible to determine a weighted set of deviations from the perfect model,
If it deviates from Heidi Klum, it's not the perfect model.
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

Eskin, my advice: Don't use this as the basis for your new floor-refinishing business. :lol:
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde