Aarrr! Don't Forrrget!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
scottielvr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by scottielvr »

Cynth wrote:Ye jest call me Corsair Cat and ye'll get yer share o' the swaggy. Let me set the sproggies to learnin' knittin' like a pirate and then we'll get up the grog fer all ye old sea dogs and, er..., lambs?
Ahoy the boat, Corsair Cat! A fine day ye picked for shore leave. T'was a fine piratical day's work here... no one swabbunk any decks an' I'm proud to say it; we drank grog, sang shanties, passed the grog again, did some knittin'... avast! I mean wenchin', o' course... Cook served up a mess o' pasta for grub...then a daft bilge rat suggested a raid on a lily-livered privateer called the "Rubber Room," but by then the hearties was too full o' grub an' grog to shift their pins, the lazy jacks. So we belayed that, and passed the grog again. Now the whole lot o' scurvy sea-dogs has struck their colours and are snorin' away like moonstruck lubbers ...but there's nay swag to divvy, sorry to say; not so much as a ha-penny to show for it. ... And that, me beauty, is why they call me Pirate Jean the Cash-Strapped.
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

Reasonable person
Walden
Wanderer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

i liek heard 2-man crew 'leased a 0-day xploit of WoW: Burning Crusade. 1337! 2-man pwns, biznatches! lolz!

Wait, wrong kind of pirate
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Wanderer wrote:i liek heard 2-man crew 'leased a 0-day xploit of WoW: Burning Crusade. 1337! 2-man pwns, biznatches! lolz!

Wait, wrong kind of pirate
Excellent command of the language. I stand and applaud.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

My gracious! What was that???
Wanderer
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Lambchop wrote:My gracious! What was that???
Pirate speak....;)

Translated into english: "I have heard it through rumor and the grapevine that the nefarious pirate hacking group known as Two Man Crew have broken the copy protection on a very sought-after piece of software, World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade. Furthermore, they did it on the same day the game was released. They are worthy of praise, and the rest of you are female dogs by comparison. I laugh at my own wit."
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Wanderer wrote:They are worthy of praise, and the rest of you are female dogs by comparison. I laugh at my own wit."
\/\/@|\|D3R3R r0XX0rs! w00t!

(translation: Good show, chap!)
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Wanderer wrote:"... and the rest of you are female dogs by comparison. I laugh at my own wit."
You say that as if it were a bad thing. Be not fooled, nor foolish. (insert, over the glasses whithering glare here) :lol:
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Wanderer
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

anniemcu wrote:
Wanderer wrote:"... and the rest of you are female dogs by comparison. I laugh at my own wit."
You say that as if it were a bad thing. Be not fooled, nor foolish. (insert, over the glasses whithering glare here) :lol:
I didn't invent the term..I merely translate it ;)
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

anniemcu wrote:
In the Walden household, the female dog is commencing to have pups. We are very happy.
Reasonable person
Walden
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Pirate Jean, ye'll be wise to join me crew next season. We'll see ye get some doubloons in that wee little knitted pocket thing ye have. Many thanks fer passin' on the news o' the gatherin'.

The sad hour is nigh and weigh anchor we must, so it's fare thee well me brethren and sistern until next time. Godspeed!

Corsair Cat

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Scurvy Dog says "Arrrrgh, and Till next time, and don't forget to eat your lemons and limes!"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/domesticps ... 247467468/

Loren
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Arrrgh... if ye be genuyne pyrates, ye don't give up the ship fer any bloke's calendyr.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

anniemcu wrote:Arrrgh... if ye be genuyne pyrates, ye don't give up the ship fer any bloke's calendyr.
And ye kin play pyrate here --

Image.

Pay no nevermind to all them error messages. They be tryin' t' fix' em. Just scroll on down and register and play. There be helpful hints in th' forum. New game should start soon.

(And if ye knows of other on-line pirate games, ye might just add'em here, so's we can all try 'em)
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Anybody here besides me addicted to Sid Meier's Pirates? Besides being a very fun game, it has some oddly compelling music. The "Attacking a City" theme has become one of my favorite whistle tunes.

I taught my kids sea shanties tuesday, and my white board remains covered with pirate vocabulary.

"Arrrr, raise yer hands an' wait ta be called on, ye mangy bilge rats, er I'll keel haul the lot of ye!"

I love my job. :D

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.