Whistle tours? Let the tours begin!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Berti66
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Berti66 »

hi simon, check your email :)
berti
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Jetboy wrote:I did a tour with a couple of my Weston Whistles last year with teh help of NorCal (Steven Feil). The whistle went all over the US but came to a grinding halt after a regular contributor to this forum sent it on to another and I never heared of it again. You will have to be prepared to lose a whistle I am afraid coz there is no guarantee that you will get it back. I would like to think that the recipient liked the whistle so much that he (or she) decided to keep it! Happen not though, it more likely got lost down the back of a sofa.

It works like this, you poll the forum for those interested in having a go and look at their locality. You may have to put a time limit on applications as you (especially you!) will get a lot of takers I expect. Work out a sensible route to avoid too much crossing over and then send the whistle to the first tour member aslong with a full list of contributors so hat everyone knows wher the whistle is or shoudl be at any one time. It will be the responsibility of the members to keep the whistle a sensible length of time ( 2 weeks perhaps so that it can be used in a number of different situations) and be responsible for the insurance and safekeeping of the whistle whilst in their care and in transit. Ask for an e-mail from the member on receipt and on despatch so that you can keep a track of the instrument and chivvy up those who are a bit tardy. You can compile reviews or ask an independant to do it for you.

Good luck with it, oh, and by the way, put me down for the European leg of the tour.

Jetboy
Ack! I sure am sorry to hear that! ... Those were nice whistles... worth owning, but not stealing!

...And yes, those on the receiving end should certainly be sure to notify the maker on receipt and on shipping. ... and to do their duty to return said whistle!!!!!!! It was no trouble at all to do so, as the shipping cost, including insurance was well less than $10 (and get a receipt, so you can prove you sent it!). Not bad at all for a couple of weeks use of a great whistle I wouldn't have gotten my hands on any other way... (but not at all worth the guilty conscience for keeping it, I'd bet!)

I'd be willing to sign some form of contract that says I'm responsible for it until I ship it, and to spring for delivery confirmation (did that anyway, as I recall)
Seems only fair.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
dlovrien

Post by dlovrien »

I'd like to be included. Thanks!
David Lovrien - 5 Second Rule & Trinity Hall Session Players - Dallas, TX
sbruyette

Post by sbruyette »

Me too please!
Susan
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

Update-- the European and US/Canada tour whistles are proceeding well and with some luck I may be able to send them on their way next week. If anyone who's interested has not mentioned that fact here, please do so.
I'll be going through the pages of this thread and copying down member names in the order that they were posted and will include that list in the US whistle that I send out. Berti may want to do things differently for the Euro tour to minimize cross border shipping.

Along with the whistle and it's usual fleece case, I will include a copy of the "Care and Feeding of Wooden Whistles" brochure that I send along with my whistles. You can ignore most of that with these polymer whistles, but I thought you might want to see what I normally send. I'll also stick a stack of Busman Whistle business cards in there: keep one if you like and send the rest along with the whistle.

Finally, as a little favor, I'll ask each person on the tour to send me a picture postcard of their town/city, or other local attraction along with their comments on the whistle. They should look great on the walls of my shop!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

brewerpaul wrote:... Finally, as a little favor, I'll ask each person on the tour to send me a picture postcard of their town/city, or other local attraction along with their comments on the whistle. They should look great on the walls of my shop!
So the whistles will have scrapbooks from their tours... how nice. :lol: Kind of like "Flat Stanley".. only not so flat... uh... yeah...
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
morgan

Post by morgan »

If it is not too late, sign me up!
Montana

Post by Montana »

Well, I thought I might be too late to get in on this but it looks like there might still be time for the US tour. I've already got my Busman Pao Rosa but it's not a D+. I'd really like to try one of those even though... well... WhOA. So sign me up if there's still room and I'll send you a good postcard...
Kansas

Post by Kansas »

brewerpaul wrote:Finally, as a little favor, I'll ask each person on the tour to send me a picture postcard of their town/city, or other local attraction along with their comments on the whistle. They should look great on the walls of my shop!
OK - so you want I should send a card of the....
famous Parker Carousel,
Eisenhower House/Center/Library/Museum,
place where Wild Bill Hickok used to shoot folks (and get shot at though he did more of the former being pretty fast as he was...and normally being "first"),
the original home of the Brown Telephone Company (Now a little bigger company known as Sprint) -

or me playing the whistle on the front porch?

I know this will be hard for you to decide.......
Clann O' dubh Ghaill / Doyle
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Whistle tours are fun, I've done two whistle tours. One of them was a 4 foot Low-Low-D Basswhistle.

I know that Stacey over at Alba has done a number of them.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
Kansas

Your Low Low

Post by Kansas »

I remember seeing a pic of your big whistle and thinking - "Now if I can ever learn to play that...."
Clann O' dubh Ghaill / Doyle
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

Barring any unforseen circumstances, the two Busman Delrin D+ tour whistles will go out today. One will go to Berti in the Netherlands, and the first stop on the US tour will be Congratulations. Here's the US and Canada list:
Congratulations
Celtic983
Wanderer
Talimirr743
Dyersituations
Leel
RonKiley
Unseen122
Kansas
PhilO
Chattiekathy
Tommy
jkrazy52
khl
jmccain
littlejohngael
alespa
frchristo
ShadowBG625
Anniemcu
Dlovrien
Sbruyette
Morgan
Montana
Colomon

Chiffed (Canada)

Some of you don't have your location listed, so if you're in Canada please let me know and I'll put your name at the bottom of the list. Sorry, but this will save a lot of whistle hopping back and forth across the border.
I'm sending along a letter asking each person to PM the next person on the list to get their shipping information.

Looks like the European list is a lot shorter, so if that whistle comes back first I'll send it out on the tour too-- maybe to the end of the list and have each person contact the person AHEAD of him/her.

Thanks for participating, and if you have any problems or questions please contact me.

(BTW-- one of the tour whistles has a noticeable ding mark in between two of the fingerholes. I loosened the chuck key on my drill press before moving the whistle out of the way....DUH!! Doesn't affect the playing in any way.)
Got wood?
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

brewerpaul wrote: If anyone who's interested has not mentioned that fact here, please do so.

Finally, as a little favor, I'll ask each person on the tour to send me a picture postcard of their town/city, or other local attraction along with their comments on the whistle. They should look great on the walls of my shop!
So I'm always a little late. Is there still space on the bottom of the US list?

As for local landmark, I'll send along a postcard of this. It's out my back window and has always been a whistling inspiration.

Imageanother view
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

No problem adding yourself to the list now-- just contact someone ahead of you on the list and ask them to manually add your name.
Got wood?
Celtic983
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Celtic983 »

Wow, I am so excited about this tour. I can hardly wait till I get to play this whistle. I have wanted to try one for a long time! Thanks Paul!!
I then came home, and went whistling all over the house, much pleased with my whistle, but disturbing all the family.

Benjamin Franklin