tinwhistler's day jobs

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
fatveg
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by fatveg »

I'm a professional Underwater Soot Juggler.
<i>"Music is more like water than a rinoceros. It doesn't chase madly down one path. It runs away in every direction" - E. Costello</i>
mvhplank
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by mvhplank »

On 2003-01-17 19:34, C4 wrote:
been a stay at home mom for 17yrs, wife for 20years(same man).I have four boys(17,14,9,20mnths) all homeschooled.Dh is a database manager for a local school district.I love chip carving, whistling, reading, tie dyeing, VW's,and pets which include a border collie a rottweiler, 2 cats,3 budgies,an iguana and a tarantula(Got to put something in here to make my life sound interesting)..
Wait a minute...you have FOUR BOYS (two into girls, one into diapers, and one in-between, right?) and you think you have to add pets to sound interesting?!

In truth, I'm bewildered by boys, having only had sisters, a daughter, two nieces, and one lone nephew. I can empathize with 6-year-old Cody's dinosaur stage, though, having been through it myself.

M
Marguerite
Gettysburg
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Hey, herbivore12

I'm a fellow Senegal owner here, or rather owned by, Jessie, who is 15 years old and going strong--or should I say, stonger every day. Opinionated little green thing, I must say, and very demanding. Little Napoleon of a parrot. And we met and socialized many times with a really cool (yet obnoxious) Caique in a pet store over a number of years. He wasn't for sale, or we may have bought him. A caique and a Senegal in the same household, oh my!

So how's the Native American flute? I'm somewhat interested, but have no idea where one would find music, and I know my husband would think I've finally lost every single one of my marbles. (That doesn't mean I won't succumb, mind you, I'm sure he's not really surprised by anything after almost 12 years...) I guess he should just be glad it's not the bagpipes (yet).

Robin
CatherineQ

Post by CatherineQ »

I work for the YMCA in the childcare division. I run a before and after school care program for school age kids. I also work as a children's book buyer for a small shop in my neighbourhood. Thanks for asking this question, I myself have been very curious.
Tom Dowling
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Post by Tom Dowling »

Former college teacher, degrees coming out of my ears, including a Ph.D. in religion and middle east languages and cultures from Columbia Univ. Decent husband (I think) and doting father (I know) of one. For the past 20+ years I have been involved in law firm operations and the design and management of reasonably complicated public procurements. Stated irreverently, I go shopping with taxpayer dollars with a whole bunch of folks looking over my shoulder.

I took up the whistle (seriously)after seeing "Waking Ned Devine", though I had tinkered around with them for a long time. Had the good fortune to encounter a great teacher (Bill Ochs) who has provided excellent instruction, support and wisdom for the past four years. C & F has also been a great resource over the same time span--indeed, I was referred to Bill through C & F, now that I think about it.

I also dabble in photography and have discovered a sure fire way to make a little money through the sale of photography. How? Start out with a lot, and you are sure to end up with a little.

Anyway, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Be well,

Tom D.
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

I am a senior minister in the Church of Scientology.

Okay, just kidding.

Chris

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChrisLaughlin on 2003-01-18 00:59 ]</font>
Soineanta

Post by Soineanta »

I am a high school student with a bad case of Senioritis and an ulcer that is forming due to waiting to hear from colleges. (I know, I know, Que sera sera... but oi!)
~Sara S.~
"We don't build statues to worship the exceptional life; we build them to remind ourselves what is possible in our own." - unknown
madguy

Post by madguy »

On 2003-01-18 00:48, ChrisLaughlin wrote:
I am a senior minister in the Church of Scientology.

Okay, just kidding.

Chris

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChrisLaughlin on 2003-01-18 00:59 ]</font>
When I read your post, Chris, I thought it was finally safe for me to come out of the closet and reveal that I'm an Initiate in the Raelian Revolution - until I read the part that said you were just kidding....

Oh well, guess the cat's out of the bag now!!! :wink:

~Larry
Threestrand

Post by Threestrand »

I'm a Merchant Marine and a father. I just spent the last four month trying to whistle in -6 temp.
madguy

Post by madguy »

On 2003-01-18 05:36, Threestrand wrote:
I'm a Merchant Marine and a father. I just spent the last four month trying to whistle in -6 temp.
I hope the whistle you were playing had a plastic, not a metal, fipple!!!

~Larry
Flamman

Post by Flamman »

Web managing editor for a health foundation web site, snare drummer in a Philadelphia bagpipe band, guitar player in my church's contemporary music group, occasional bodhran pounder and novice whistler.
"Hang by your thumbs and write when you get work."
- Bob and Ray
Paperclip

Post by Paperclip »

I embroider to pay the bills and impress the chicks! I'm currently in school, majoring in Poli.Sci. and Math.! When I really wanted to refine my Renissance man, I was found by the tinwhistle.....
fibulo

Post by fibulo »

I am a college student, studying wildlife science and biology. In my spare time, I like to write fiction & poetry (which has been both accepted and rejected, but more of the latter), tease my ferret, and avidly read whistling sites while I await the arrival of my Clarke Sweetone and Meg.

- Fibulo
TANSTAAFL!
- R.A. Heinlein
gitchel

Post by gitchel »

Well, I'm a technical support rep. Right now it's for a corporate help desk, but I've been doing software and hardware and online support for about 18 years.

Right now, I'm trying to write 25 pages of short stories for the Admissions Committee; I'm trying to go back to school for a Masters in Fine Arts: Writing. Unless, of course, someone can talk me out of it. I am, after all, 48 yeaers old. Sometimes I feel like this is a dream-come-true. Sometimes I think this is the biggest mistake ever ;-)
Jeff Gitchel
jeff@turtlemoon.org
turtlemoon.org
mvhplank
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by mvhplank »

On 2003-01-29 18:41, gitchel wrote:

[snip]I'm trying to go back to school for a Masters in Fine Arts: Writing. Unless, of course, someone can talk me out of it. I am, after all, 48 yeaers old. Sometimes I feel like this is a dream-come-true. Sometimes I think this is the biggest mistake ever :wink:
So, how old will you be in three years if you <i>don't</i> do it? Carpe that darned diem right now!

Good luck, too!

M
Marguerite
Gettysburg