Copeland Nickel-silver D whistle for sale

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tommy
antispam: No

Re: Copeland Nickel-silver D whistle for sale

Post by Tommy »

sutpen wrote:The whistle has been sold to a Chiffandfipple member. Winning bid was 400.
OK
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
megapop
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by megapop »

Ben Steen wrote:C&F has terrible emoticons; seriously.
So true. Except for this one: :poke:
return null;
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Nice sale. UIE would've been nice. At least the Copeland went to a ChifferFippler. I hope the new owner enjoys the Copeland.

And, it ought to be noted that there are various selling markets with varying amounts of "value" so what is the value of a Copeland D nickel-silver whistle on C&F? Apparently $400.00 :thumbsup:

Fair and nice to know. :poke:
O'Briant

Post by O'Briant »

The ironic thing is I bet this would have gone for $500-600 on ebay if it was a true auction -- I can't remember the last time I saw a silver Copeland go for $400.
"Every ass likes to hear itself bray." Mark Twan
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

O'Briant wrote:The ironic thing is I bet this would have gone for $500-600 on ebay if it was a true auction -- I can't remember the last time I saw a silver Copeland go for $400.
So is eBay site to be the only determining value for a whistle? This whistle stayed within the whistle community... for now.

And the circumstances of a new forum poster and C&F policy UIE and PMs just created a stir. I'm all for the C&F posting policies and I hope all forum members are reputable. The Mods used their discretion on this particular situation and I hope everyone is satisfied. :)

Happy eWhistlin!
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

This was an interesting experiment, but I don't think we'll want to try this again.

1. The forum format doesn't led itself to the mechanics of auction bidding, whereas the format of classified ads / Craigslist is a fairly natural fit.

2. It's difficult to enforce the principle of "no price policing" when an auction thread is essentially all about pricing.

So let's stick to fixed price offers. Otherwise, use eBay or the like.

As I said above, we (ChiffCo) are currently reviewing our buy/sell policy, particularly as it relates to new users. The guiding idea all along has been that buy/sell marketplace activity is an added benefit for regular Chiffboard users with a history of participation in discussion threads. Recently, however, we've had a slew of new users signing up only to sell things. We did relax the guideline a few years ago when world economies were in free-fall, but it's time to reassess things again. We will let you know of any changes in a separate Announcement thread.

Thanks all,
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

MTGuru wrote:We did relax the guideline a few years ago when world economies were in free-fall,....
And who are we to suggest a causal relationship?
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
Ben Steen

Post by Ben Steen »

So true. Except for this one: :poke:
That is a good one megapop.
; - )
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Ben Steen wrote:C&F has terrible emoticons; seriously.
Please, don't cramp your style on our account. Surely more fashionable venues await you.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Ben Steen

Post by Ben Steen »

Nano, you've impressed me with your swift, witty & slightly impulsive response.
eilam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eilam »

got the whistle today, thank you so much Alan !
i know you are selling a Sweetheart whistle, and wanted others to know that we had a few emails concerning shipping and how to pay.....and it was all very pleasant.
again, thank you so much, it's been a few years that i've been wanting to get one of these.
the whistle that i play most is a Goldie, i love it and love the tone, but it needs very little air and sometimes, going from flute to whistle i can easily overblow, this one seems a bit more open and i think going from flute to whistle would be easier for me.
Ben Steen

Copeland Whistle

Post by Ben Steen »

I'm glad the transaction went well. I just dreaded watching the missteps along the way. Hope future instrument exchanges on this board are in the hands of members directly involved in the sale.

Cheers!
maestrosid

Post by maestrosid »

FWIW - I'm pretty new to this site, but have been involved with MandolinCafe, a similar site for mandolin players, for several years now. I have bought and sold several mandolins there, and there is a certain feeling of trust on the site that you would not have on EBay or other sites. It's nice to know that someone has a history with a site and a demonstrated interest and commitment to the music and instrument.

They also have a sales forum for instruments, and it's fixed price. Buyers may make a lower offer, but I have never seen any auctions going on. EBay is always the alternative for that kind of sale, and instruments are often listed for sale with reference to the auction site. Usually they are offered at a fixed price on MandolinCafe, even if they are at auction elsewhere. Seems to work OK.
eilam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eilam »

i think that it's pretty much the same here on this site, over the years, we kindof get to know each other and there is a trust and many times friendship as well, Alan was new to the site. when we pass an instrument on this site, there is that feeling that it still is close to home (at least for me).
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

eilam wrote:i think that it's pretty much the same here on this site, over the years, we kindof get to know each other and there is a trust and many times friendship as well, Alan was new to the site. when we pass an instrument on this site, there is that feeling that it still is close to home (at least for me).
Nicely done on everyone's part under the circumstances. :)

And I appreciate eilam acknowledging openly bid and then purchase when that could've been done privately thru email. Maybe it should've been private.

Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy your Copeland whistle eilam. :thumbsup: