photographs

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Caroluna
antispam: No

Post by Caroluna »

JordanII wrote:
Those are gorgeous!!!
How did you do the close-up ones?
JordanII
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by JordanII »

Thanks! :) Basically I just held the lens about a centimeter from the leaf and shot it, but that won't work unless you have a really nice macro mode though... or, in the case of an SLR/D-SLR a really nice macro lens.
djm

Post by djm »

Boy, I sure am glad he didn't post his whole gallery!

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

djm wrote:Boy, I sure am glad he didn't post his whole gallery!

djm

Translation: "Those were excellent! I hope he posts some more!"

(I do, too! Some of those would make great Windows wallpaper!)
Cotelette d'Agneau
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I need a photographer for a Right Hand Pointing project. Requires an urban location. Let me know if interested and I'll provide details.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Caroluna wrote:
JordanII wrote:
Those are gorgeous!!!
How did you do the close-up ones?
I like it too. It looks almost like a painting.
JordanII

Post by JordanII »

Thanks folks! :) Instead of posting the rest on the forum here's a link to a good deal of my better stuff: http://jordannb.deviantart.com/gallery/

There's three pages of photos... the rest is various stuff like vectors and photomanips (from before I got my camera.)
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Great shots JordanII. Did you use a tripod? I can't keep mine still enough for those kinds of closeups.

BTW, I'm also in Michigan, USA. Kalamazoo to be exact. Where abouts are you?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Lovely photos, Jack, Jordan, and JK. I always enjoy seeing what everyone is up to.

Here's a picture I took a couple weeks ago. It's of a mama bear looking out of the bushes about 20 yards away, and a baby bear up a tree.

It isn't bad considering I was holding the camera at arm's length with my right hand, going for the bear spray with the left, backing up a boulder-strewn trail, and talking soothingly. "No problem, mama. We'll just be on our way. There's a nice predator..."

(can't get it to show. It's here.)
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

WyoBadger wrote:Lovely photos, Jack, Jordan, and JK. I always enjoy seeing what everyone is up to.

Here's a picture I took a couple weeks ago. It's of a mama bear looking out of the bushes about 20 yards away, and a baby bear up a tree.

It isn't bad considering I was holding the camera at arm's length with my right hand, going for the bear spray with the left, backing up a boulder-strewn trail, and talking soothingly. "No problem, mama. We'll just be on our way. There's a nice predator..."

(can't get it to show. It's here.)

It's certainly dramatic!
:)
Cotelette d'Agneau
JordanII

Post by JordanII »

Flyingcursor wrote:Great shots JordanII. Did you use a tripod? I can't keep mine still enough for those kinds of closeups.

BTW, I'm also in Michigan, USA. Kalamazoo to be exact. Where abouts are you?
Thanks! :) Most of them were handheld, but I did use a tripod for the sunset shots and some of the other nighttime one's

I'm in the thumb... about an hour north-east(ish) of Saginaw.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I've never been to the thumb. What a great idea for a weekend road trip. I've been trying to think of something different to do before the weather turns.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
JordanII

Post by JordanII »

Here's more:

MagicSailor

Post by MagicSailor »

JordanII wrote:Here's more:
Those are wonderful, Jordan. Good composition and excellent technical quality. I particularly like the second one. No idea what it is, but that doesn't really matter.

Here is one of mine:

Civa
This is the Sweedish yacht Civa at the crest of a 7 meter (23 foot) Atlantic swell, photographed from my old yacht Naomi J somewhere between Peniche in Portugal and Porto Santo (the island east of Madeira). The passage took 5 1/2 days and the photo was taken on the third day. For most of the five days it was too rough to take the camera out on deck. The wind was force 7 to 8 gale from the south-west which was the direction we were trying to go. Imagine a roller coaster ride that goes on for 5 days...

We were three yachts together on that passage, Naomi J, Civa and Balder, all less than 30 feet long and apart from some wet bedding (my own Naomi J. stayed dry below), all three came through it with flying colours. Two yachts and five fishing boats were lost in that gale with loss of life. This photo of little 26 foot Civa taking it all in her stride should prove that in ocean cruising it is often true that less is more. Civa's design is based on the world famous folkboat.

Just for good measure, here is my own Naomi J on laundry day in Portugal. She is already wearing her small jib on the roller furler in anticipation of the crossing. The photo was taken a few days before the same passage where I took the photo of Civa. (The Naomi J was later lost in collission with a freighter 300 miles west of the Cape Verde islands.)

Naomi J

For more of my photos, look here:
http://www.panoramio.com/user/95799
I'm all over Google Earth like a bad rash... :D

Regards,

Owen Morgan
Yacht Magic
Anchored in the lagoon, St Maarten

My new blog.
Click here for my latest reported position. (Use the satellite view.)
JordanII

Post by JordanII »

MagicSailor wrote:
JordanII wrote:Here's more:
Those are wonderful, Jordan. Good composition and excellent technical quality. I particularly like the second one. No idea what it is, but that doesn't really matter.

Here is one of mine:

Civa
This is the Sweedish yacht Civa at the crest of a 7 meter (23 foot) Atlantic swell, photographed from my old yacht Naomi J somewhere between Peniche in Portugal and Porto Santo (the island east of Madeira). The passage took 5 1/2 days and the photo was taken on the third day. For most of the five days it was too rough to take the camera out on deck. The wind was force 7 to 8 gale from the south-west which was the direction we were trying to go. Imagine a roller coaster ride that goes on for 5 days...

We were three yachts together on that passage, Naomi J, Civa and Balder, all less than 30 feet long and apart from some wet bedding (my own Naomi J. stayed dry below), all three came through it with flying colours. Two yachts and five fishing boats were lost in that gale with loss of life. This photo of little 26 foot Civa taking it all in her stride should prove that in ocean cruising it is often true that less is more. Civa's design is based on the world famous folkboat.

Just for good measure, here is my own Naomi J on laundry day in Portugal. She is already wearing her small jib on the roller furler in anticipation of the crossing. The photo was taken a few days before the same passage where I took the photo of Civa. (The Naomi J was later lost in collission with a freighter 300 miles west of the Cape Verde islands.)

Naomi J

For more of my photos, look here:
http://www.panoramio.com/user/95799
I'm all over Google Earth like a bad rash... :D

Regards,

Owen Morgan
Yacht Magic
Anchored in the lagoon, St Maarten

My new blog.
Click here for my latest reported position. (Use the satellite view.)
Thanks! It's actually a Korg Radias synthesizer... (yes, I know... completely untrad, but hey, what can I say?)

You've got some nice photos... I love the first one!