Spiritual home...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Denny
antispam: No

Post by Denny »

lakes!!!

yo! I'm down with lakes :D

TyroneShoelaces

Post by TyroneShoelaces »

jim stone wrote:Sure what hears it calling, and wants to flock, is your spirit?
the flesh is willing and the spirit is weak.
ever been mugged by a quaker?
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Well said.
TyroneShoelaces

Post by TyroneShoelaces »

jim stone wrote:Well said.
thanks, but i really can't take credit for writing it.
ever been mugged by a quaker?
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Can a nomadic spirit have a home?

When I close my eyes and imagine where I want to be, I think of an article I read years ago about floating islands that break away. I have always thought about strapping thousands of barrels together and creating one. I would plant cherry trees and raise emus and bunnies on the island and teach the bunnies to harvest the cherries (perhaps using ramps or emus to reach the cherries). The strange thing is that I do not particularly like cherries.

My spirit would drift on the island and visit all of the places shown in this thread and other places that are horrible. It wants to see it all. Even Nuristan's beautiful blue waters would bore my spirit in time. It wants to find perfection and beauty where it is. Often it wants to go to a new place to find different beauty. I have not been disappointed.

A rucksack is what my spirit wants to call home.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
emmline

Post by emmline »

I.D.10-t wrote:Can a nomadic spirit have a home?
...A rucksack is what my spirit wants to call home.
That makes sense.
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

Well, off you go, then. Don't let us keep you. :wink:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
mukade

Post by mukade »

Don't go into the light...

choose the dark side.

Mukade
'The people who play the flat pipes usually have more peace of mind. I like that.'
- Tony Mcmahon
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

mukade wrote:Image

choose the dark side.

Mukade
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slan,
D. :D
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

dubhlinn wrote:
mukade wrote:Image

choose the dark side.

Mukade
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slan,
D. :D
I have to admit that I have slipped into the light a long time ago.
When I was in Dublin last summer I did go past the Guinness Brewery, and I sampled a few bottles of the dark brew, but I was not impressed. Maybe somewhere in the middle with a light amber would be great for me.

I have been doing some masonry work on my house this summer, so when I look at the above photo of the Guinness gate, I see masonry. I like the old stonework, but the new stonework looks like concrete blocks. I think that they should have taken the time to make the new masonry match the beauty of the old work. Yes, I know that sooner or later the beer truck drivers are probably going to run into it (I see that they have already tried that), but at least for awhile it could look really nice.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

My heart is divided between the place of my birth, the American heartland, and my adopted home of 30 years, the American southwest.

Empire Beach on Lake Michigan is a place that I return to year after year. A free public beach with good swimming and magnificent views makes this a wonderful spot to relax. I love to walk along the beach to the large sand dunes along the shore.

As I mentioned above, I lived in Arizona for 30 years. I did field work in the rugged mountains, looking for minerals and whatever else I could discover. I feel more at home here than anywhere else I have been, which is not to say that I don't also like my present home in Indiana, my home state. I include this photo to show that sandals and socks also work on a mountain trail in the Santa Rita Mountains south of Tucson.
dwest

Post by dwest »

Doug_Tipple wrote:My heart is divided between the place of my birth, the American heartland, and my adopted home of 30 years, the American southwest.

Empire Beach on Lake Michigan is a place that I return to year after year. A free public beach with good swimming and magnificent views makes this a wonderful spot to relax. I love to walk along the beach to the large sand dunes along the shore.

As I mentioned above, I lived in Arizona for 30 years. I did field work in the rugged mountains, looking for minerals and whatever else I could discover. I feel more at home here than anywhere else I have been, which is not to say that I don't also like my present home in Indiana, my home state. I include this photo to show that sandals and socks also work on a mountain trail in the Santa Rita Mountains south of Tucson.
Both of those places are miserable. I would discourage anybody from going to either of those places, bad places, bad places.
sbfluter

Post by sbfluter »

dwest wrote: Both of those places are miserable. I would discourage anybody from going to either of those places, bad places, bad places.
I would also discourage people from ever visiting my home town, Santa Barbara. It's a nasty place. :devil:
~ Diane
Flutes: Tipple D and E flutes and a Casey Burns Boxwood Rudall D flute
Whistles: Jerry Freeman Tweaked D Blackbird
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

I've only been to two countries and about a dozen states (including DC) but I've found nice things about all of them.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cotelette d'Agneau