Flying feline

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Nanohedron wrote:Squirrels taste like chicken.

Chickens are basically dinosaurs.

I have not seen a squirrel eat a chicken.

I don't know where I'm going with this.
Squirrels taste like chicken.

I've sampled at least half of Jurassic Park. :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Nanohedron wrote:Look! He's attacking a little sandwich.

Poor little sandwich. :cry:
overkill is a beautiful thing... 8)
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

You are what you eat.

My cat likes to eat baked beans.

My cat is a legume.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Nanohedron wrote:You are what you eat.

My cat is a legume.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

If baked beans make my cat gassy, it's not so's I'd notice, the saints be praised. I wouldn't care for the competition, anyway.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

Although it appears that cats (younger cats, at least) can handle these spectacular landings, it is my experience that these are the same cats that will suffer arthritis problems sooner when they age. It might seem like a clever idea at the time to go hurling cats through the air, but they really weren't designed for this sort of mistreatment, and the cat will suffer for it later.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Nanohedron wrote:Squirrels taste like chicken.

I have not seen a squirrel eat a chicken.

I don't know where I'm going with this.
Okay, here's where you went.

Squirrels taste like dinosaurs but do not eat them.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

djm wrote:Although it appears that cats (younger cats, at least) can handle these spectacular landings, it is my experience that these are the same cats that will suffer arthritis problems sooner when they age. It might seem like a clever idea at the time to go hurling cats through the air, but they really weren't designed for this sort of mistreatment, and the cat will suffer for it later.

djm
Just to assure you all, I do not in any way encourage, force, or otherwise induce cats to engage in airborne feats of derring-do. I just like to tussle with 'em. :)
emmline

Post by emmline »

My cat is a legume.
I used to have a cat which ate black-eyed peas. He too was a legume.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

emmline wrote:

My cat is a legume.
I used to have a cat which ate black-eyed peas. He too was a legume.
I had a sheep that ate dog food. He was an industrial by-product. BAAAAA
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

djm wrote: It might seem like a clever idea at the time to go hurling cats through the air, but they really weren't designed for this sort of mistreatment, and the cat will suffer for it later.

djm
For those of you who still feel it's a clever idea...

Build your own Catapult
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Tyler Morris wrote:
djm wrote: It might seem like a clever idea at the time to go hurling cats through the air, but they really weren't designed for this sort of mistreatment, and the cat will suffer for it later.

djm

Build your own Catapult
If you build a good enough catapult it could mean a cat ass trophy.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
missy

Post by missy »

Tyler Morris wrote:
djm

Build your own Catapult[/quote]

for those that are members of everythingdulcimer.com - go there and do a search on catapult, we had a really funny thread going about the Caesar Creek festival.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com