Which continent are YOU from?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

Which continent are YOU from?

Europe
28%
Africa
No votes
Asia
4%
Australia
1%
North America
66%
South America
1%

Total votes: 85

NZ_Chris

Post by NZ_Chris »

I'm from New Zealand - sorry, no prizes for those of you who already guessed that :D

So sadly I was unable to vote in the votey bit :sniffle:
I feel so left out and unloved :cry: :cry: :cry:
talasiga
antispam: No

Post by talasiga »

NZ_Chris wrote:I'm from New Zealand - sorry, no prizes for those of you who already guessed that :D

So sadly I was unable to vote in the votey bit :sniffle:
I feel so left out and unloved :cry: :cry: :cry:
Me too Chris. I am from the Fiji Islands although I have lived in Australia
for most of my life.

We islanders are wittier, sexier and more imaginative than the ploddy continentals. We reflect the magic of our origins. Just look at some of the most magical lands on the planet - all islands:-

Ceylon
Bali
Hawaii
Tahiti
Ireland
Madagascar
Honshu
Jamaica
and
Cuba
(WARNING. The last listed island may offend some readers from the N. American continent. It is in a faint colour and small font and if you really want read it clearly press the quote button and you will be able to see what it is.).
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
BrassBlower
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by BrassBlower »

GaryKelly wrote:We will not be forgotten...

GaryKelly wrote:Okay, I've just seen your edit, which might go some way to placating our President. But what about the incontinent, eh? How're they supposed to vote, eh?
OK, consider me placated! :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

There are not enough options to list EVERYTHING!!! I tried hard to do it right. :oops: Now I feel all seepy and my self esteem is all cracked.

sniff :cry:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

NorCalMusician wrote:There are not enough options to list EVERYTHING!!! I tried hard to do it right. :oops: Now I feel all seepy and my self esteem is all cracked.

There there Steven...I think you did a wonderful job! It's really not worth seeping all over the floor.... :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

NorCalMusician wrote:There are not enough options to list EVERYTHING!!! I tried hard to do it right. :oops: Now I feel all seepy and my self esteem is all cracked.

"There is a crack in everything
Thats how the light gets in" - Leonard Cohen
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Jack

Post by Jack »

kga26 wrote:
I have a hunch that the English are voting for Europe, which I find odd. Since when is England part of Europe?!?
Well, we don't really know, come on our goverment doesn't even know! If dear Tony had his way, we'd be the 51st state of the U.S.A. ! (not that there is anything wrong with that transatlantic cousins, well...there is, but I don't wish to offend any of you ....it's so tiring being P.C)
Actually, the 51st state of the US is in line to be Washington, D.C. Those poor people who call it home have been denied proper representation in Congress for years.
Jack

Post by Jack »

And, I personally like to think of myself as a citizen of the world.
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Cranberry wrote:And, I personally like to think of myself as a citizen of the world.
And why not of the universe, Terran chauvinist pig? Excuse me...Terran chauvinist cow. :P
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Jack

Post by Jack »

Darwin wrote:
Cranberry wrote:And, I personally like to think of myself as a citizen of the world.
And why not of the universe, Terran chauvinist pig? Excuse me...Terran chauvinist cow. :P
One can actually have citizenship in more than one country in the world, but not in more than one universe. Also because "citizen of the universe" doesn't sound as pretty. :)
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Cranberry wrote:
Darwin wrote:
One can actually have citizenship in more than one country in the world, but not in more than one universe. Also because "citizen of the universe" doesn't sound as pretty. :)
But you have to compare "countries in the world" to "worlds in the universe".
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Jack

Post by Jack »

Darwin wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
Darwin wrote: And why not of the universe, Terran chauvinist pig? Excuse me...Terran chauvinist cow. :P
But you have to compare "countries in the world" to "worlds in the universe".
Perhaps I am using "world" to mean "Earth", which isn't necessarily a correct usage.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:)
There was some talk here lately on Dublins Spire,well word just in is that it did not win the RIBA award tonight.
Ah well....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3750102.stm

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
trisha

Post by trisha »

And for those of us resident in the non-existent country of Wales, what next? It was those Europeans that did it...

Trisha
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

trisha wrote:And for those of us resident in the non-existent country of Wales, what next? It was those Europeans that did it...

Trisha
Wales exist. I saw one off the California coast just this afternoon. :P
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus