New LIVE Lunasa album - March 2!!!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ChrisLaughlin
antispam: No

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Listen folks -
I'm stuck down in the frozen tundra of Costa Rica with NO IRISH MUSIC. I won't be able to get this new album until July. Will one of you who has it PLEASE write a decent review? Please?
Chris
colomon
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Whistle player, aspiring C#/D accordion and flute player, and aspiring tunesmith. Particularly interested in the music of South Sligo and Newfoundland. Inspired by the music of Peter Horan, Fred Finn, Rufus Guinchard, Emile Benoit, and Liz Carroll.

I've got some compositions up at http://www.harmonyware.com/tunes/SolsTunes.html

Post by colomon »

Don't have time to write a proper review, but the short review is -- if you like Lunasa, this is a must-buy.

Much more alive sounding than the previous two albums. Some great old sets (not on previous albums) like "A Punch in the Dark" and "Rathlin Island/Sporting Paddy" (both of which pre-date the band). Some great new sets. Mostly Irish tunes, a few "other", a few new (one each from Kevin and Donough).
Last edited by colomon on Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bert
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Bert »

Just got mine today! Nice! More mellow, I think...

Not bad...a 2 day turn around when I ordered from Barnes and Nobles.
If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill themselves...Is it considered a hostage situation???
Easily_Deluded_Fool

Post by Easily_Deluded_Fool »

Easily_Deluded_Fool wrote:Grrrrrr!

Compass seems to have a fault with it's online order system.
It keeps flipping me back to payment details.

snip

So I can't get it at all at the moment.

Mega sulk! :sniffle:
Postman woke me today 'cos a packet wouldn't fit
through the letter box.

Opened said package - The Kinnity Sessions - ordered
from Virgin woz inside :D :D :D
No whistles were harmed in the transmission of this communication.
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Saw Lunasa play in the Oxford Town Hall yesterday... what a bloody marvellous day out!

I was also muchly impressed by the two bands that preceded them: "422" and "Broderick". I heartily commend them both (no whistles in Broderick, but astonishing performances on the button melodeon and fiddles, not to mention the blinding reel played on the double-bass!).

In all, three hours of sterling entertainment. I am happy. :D
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
wes

Post by wes »

Hope their heads weren't too sore... Saw them in Dublin on Saturday and they were certainly enjoying the craic in the bar afterwards! 'Twas savage. Great gig.

(first-time post!)
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

wes wrote:Hope their heads weren't too sore... Saw them in Dublin on Saturday and they were certainly enjoying the craic in the bar afterwards! 'Twas savage. Great gig.

(first-time post!)
Apparently, 'twas Sean's 40th birthday on Saturday, and the party didn't finish until around 4:30 a.m. Kevin Crawford cracked some rather amusing funnies about it during the Oxford gig. A great gig...if they were 'under the weather' it certainly didn't show! :)

First-time post eh, wes? You picked a good subject to post on :D
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner