Salt Lake City Sessions - requests please???

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

Martin Milner wrote:
BrianK wrote:Hello,

I was suprised when I stumbled across this topic because I didn't think there was anyone close by intersted in trad. Irish music. Anyways, I am new to the tin whistle, about 6 months. I do play the GHB, about 7 years, and am very interested in the Uilleann pipes. Thinking about getting Dave Daye's starter set this summer.

- Brian
What the which is a GHB? Goat Haired Brain? I'm racking my GHB, but I'm feeling particularly blond today.

Welcome Brian, there seem to more Utahns on C&F than any other state, and more Brians in Utah than any other state too!
Great Highland Bagpipes, maybe? :)
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Brian Lee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

Hmmm....all these new posters gets me to thinking. Would some sort of local database for musicians here be of use to anyone? Perhaps a listing of players city by city, and their skill level and instruments??

just a random thought...

B~
Martin Milner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Martin Milner »

blackhawk wrote:
Martin Milner wrote:
BrianK wrote:Hello,

I was suprised when I stumbled across this topic because I didn't think there was anyone close by intersted in trad. Irish music. Anyways, I am new to the tin whistle, about 6 months. I do play the GHB, about 7 years, and am very interested in the Uilleann pipes. Thinking about getting Dave Daye's starter set this summer.

- Brian
What the which is a GHB? Goat Haired Brain? I'm racking my GHB, but I'm feeling particularly blond today.

Welcome Brian, there seem to more Utahns on C&F than any other state, and more Brians in Utah than any other state too!
Great Highland Bagpipes, maybe? :)
Yowsers, you must be right. Remind me to take my earplugs when BrianK takes them to a session! :boggle:
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
BrianK

Post by BrianK »

Thanks for the welcome! The Fret and Fiddle Show, March 2, on 90.9FM was kind of an eye opener. I had no idea there were so many local bands. I'm looking forward to visiting a session in the next month or so.

- Brian
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Welcome, second Brian! Look forward to meeting you (and also you, Conley) sometime!
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Hey Brian,

The Fret and Fiddle show is hosted by our own Mark Cantor, who plays button accordion and whistle in our sessions, and is an all around great guy. He is often joined by Dean (forgot his last name) who also plays with us and plays mandolin, and bodhrán. Mark also plays in the local group "Last Night's Fun".

Sounds like our numbers continue to grow! JOY!! :)

Bri~
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

OK, that does it...I'm posting my own thread. This is getting serious...
Tom
BrianK

Post by BrianK »

Brian Lee wrote:Hey Brian,

The Fret and Fiddle show is hosted by our own Mark Cantor, who plays button accordion and whistle in our sessions, and is an all around great guy. He is often joined by Dean (forgot his last name) who also plays with us and plays mandolin, and bodhrán. Mark also plays in the local group "Last Night's Fun".

Sounds like our numbers continue to grow! JOY!! :)

Bri~
Brian,

I enjoyed the live broadcast. This is probably getting off-topic, but I sent you an e-mail, did you receive it ?

Brian (sounds like I'm talking to myself )