Sterling silver Copeland on eBay

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Sterling silver Copeland on eBay

Post by PhilO »

Jerry Freeman wrote:
PhilO wrote:
narrowdog wrote:I think this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAFTIzH3Ds0 sums up my opinion on the subject.
OMG - the super rare combo blue/red plastic top Gen!!!!!

Philo
Blue/Red/Brass/VINTAGE Generation. It's truly one of a kind (and I wish I could get my hands on it to properly repair the socket).

Best wishes,
Jerry
I knew that :wink: :wink: Ah, out of the mouths of fools and Philos...

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
killthemessenger
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by killthemessenger »

dunnp wrote:1425 for a penny whistle,
Has the world gone mad?
Handmade musical instrument by a renowned maker who doesn't make that particular kind anymore - seems like a fair price to me.

Calling it a penny whistle is like calling a Von Huene Terton soprano or a Wenner Bressan alto "just a recorder".
In the land of the iron sausage
The torture never stops.
maki
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by maki »

killthemessenger wrote:
dunnp wrote:1425 for a penny whistle,
Has the world gone mad?
Handmade musical instrument by a renowned maker who doesn't make that particular kind anymore - seems like a fair price to me.
:thumbsup: killthemessenger

It was certainly a fair price to the buyer and the seller, and what's wrong with a win/win?
Free markets rock.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

About the revoicing. One of the reasons Michael C retired from full-time production was that he felt he was making whistles too fast, and that sometimes in retrospect, playing a particular whistle he had made years ago, he felt he hadn't
given it the attention it deserved. He is very glad to revoice these whistles.
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Sold for $1425., eh? If someone here was trying to win the Copeland and was near the high bidder, but didn't get it, I too have a Sterling Silver Copeland D, in like new condition. Serial number is actually pretty close to the one listed in the auction as well. I am not planning to put mine up for auction, but I do have a Nickel Copeland D that I like just fine, so if someone here on the message board wants to pay crazy money, I'd let my Sterling Copeland go for $1350. shipped. I'm serious, not joking. Really wasn't planning to sell it, but I have a ton of dental and medical expenses a head of me, so what the heck, if someone really wants it that bad, give me a shout. Email is best.

Loren
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Loren wrote:Really wasn't planning to sell it, but I have a ton of dental and medical expenses a head of me, so what the heck, if someone really wants it that bad, give me a shout. Email is best. Loren
I don't know about the silver Copeland, but, if you got a Sindt brass high D whistle, I'd consider making an offer