Help ! ..me Weasels' cracked !

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tommy
antispam: No

Re: Help ! ..me Weasels' cracked !

Post by Tommy »

Adrian wrote:Weasels are too good to risk messing up. Send it to Tommy, is my best advice.
Yes, that is another option. Whistles are easy to repair after you have done some, and already have the tools. All I ask is that return postage be sent with a whistle. :thumbsup:
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
weedie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by weedie »

Sorry for confusing you Jerry ....AND on a Christmas Eve too :o ...The crack is in the Socket ...thats what I meant in the earlier post by 'the upper section'....danged amateurs !!
Thanks also to you Tommy....the idea of spreading the crack to allow the Zap to penetrate is a good one..
I have both of the Zaps you mention ..(I'm near the end of building a large free-flight/powered model aeroplane with a 6 foot wing span and I've used the Zap throughout the build...good stuff ,to be sure )....I'll try the ThinZap/wick in method.
I'll give a progress report soon..
:thumbsup: to yers ..
" Quiet is quite nice " ..... weedie .....
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

weedie wrote: Thanks also to you Tommy....the idea of spreading the crack to allow the Zap to penetrate is a good one..
I have both of the Zaps you mention ..(I'm near the end of building a large free-flight/powered model aeroplane with a 6 foot wing span and I've used the Zap throughout the build...good stuff ,to be sure )....I'll try the ThinZap/wick in method.
Yes, I have found that using the thin Zap wicking is best when what your putting together already has the shape you want.
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
walrii

Post by walrii »

hoopy mike wrote:Pump the Weasel!

(What ever happened to that thread?)
We could start another with "Crack the Weasel!"
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
weedie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by weedie »

Or maybe one called "The Fisherman Fixed the Fissure".....because thats whats' happened.I held the gap open a wee bit ,wicked some of the thin Zap in ,released the pressure and then held the crack closed for a while until the Zap Zapped !It feels solid now and I reckon it's a permanent repair...
Thanks to all who threw in their two bobs worth ( Hijackers too :) )...Merry Christmas fom OZ ...
" Quiet is quite nice " ..... weedie .....