Hooray beer!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

What is your favorite brewery?

Dogfish Head
3%
Anheiser Busch
No votes
Boulder Brewing
No votes
Miller
No votes
Rogue Brewery
3%
drunk Belgian monks
25%
Guinness
11%
that guy down the street
6%
Samuel Smith's
No votes
other
53%

Total votes: 36

Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

Lucas wrote:
Cranberry wrote:I can't drink beer.
Then you have a drinking problem.
Actually, I take a combination of powerful medicines every day that could kill me if I even had one drink. I asked a pharmacist at Wal-Mart the other day and this is what she told me. It made me sad, because I wanted to get drunk (I've never been drunk).
chrisoff
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by chrisoff »

Cranberry wrote:
Lucas wrote:
Cranberry wrote:I can't drink beer.
Then you have a drinking problem.
Actually, I take a combination of powerful medicines every day that could kil me if I even had one drink. I asked a pharmacist at Wal-Mart the other day. It made me sad, because I wanted to get drunk (I've never been drunk).
You're not missing much. I think. I don't really remember. How did I get home? Why do I taste kebab when I burp? Um...
Flogging Jason

Post by Flogging Jason »

For you Belgian fans you should try Affligem. A very nice blond abbey ale, bold and flavorful. I work at a pub that features 50 draft beers and 100 bottles so I'm never lacking in choices!

I applaud those of you who chose your local breweries...I wish Florida had more breweries that weren't commercial.
Ro3b

Post by Ro3b »

Stone IPA for me, please. Stone Ruination for special occasions.
jkwest
Location: the beautiful, untainted NorCal..yes there is one..

Post by jkwest »

Ah....

So many choices...

I love Guinness, Boulder Brewery(Hazed and Infused), Arrogant basmati, NewCastle.

NorCal has many local options i.e. Sierra Nevada, Anchor Steam, Pyramid, North Coast Brew.

So, I chose other...because, it really depends on the mood that I am in...

Oh, and Cran...a drink a day will probably cut out half of your meds...chew on that one..

:P

Seems like everywhere I go
The more I see
the less I know-Michael Franti
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

I'm so boring if we're out anyplace where you're expected to drink.

Beer makes me sleepy.

Whisk(e)y gives me a splitting headache before I've even finished it.

Wine is ok.

I'll take a nice hot cup of tea please.
Charlene
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Racer 5 IPA from

http://www.bearrepublic.com/ourbeers.php

Sublime. Delicious. Can never stop drinking it if available. Fortunately, I have to go to a local restaurant right near the UC Berkeley campus to get it, or drive up two counties. Otherwise, I'd be fatter than I already am.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Anstapa

Post by Anstapa »

Home town Walkerville Brewery.

http://www.walkervillebrew.com/home.htm

Anstapa
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Sly Fox Brewing Company
Phoenixville / Royersford PA
http://www.slyfoxbeer.com

Phoenix Pale Ale
Route 113 IPA
O'Reilly's Stout

mmm... beer...
Cheers,
Mark

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."
Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

<a href="http://www.saintarnold.com/">Saint Arnold Brewing Company</a>, about 15 minutes from my house.

Earlier this year they brewed a stout that was aged in a whiskey barrel. Hmmmmm.
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

jkwest wrote: NorCal has many local options i.e. Sierra Nevada, Anchor Steam, Pyramid, North Coast Brew.
It's been so long since I've been to the Bay Area. I used to go there a couple of times a year -- Sierra Nevada and Anchor both on tap, now that's my idea of heaven. I think Anchor Steam, on tap in a pub that knows how to treat it, is about the finest drink on the face of the earth.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

chas wrote:
jkwest wrote: NorCal has many local options i.e. Sierra Nevada, Anchor Steam, Pyramid, North Coast Brew.
It's been so long since I've been to the Bay Area. I used to go there a couple of times a year -- Sierra Nevada and Anchor both on tap, now that's my idea of heaven. I think Anchor Steam, on tap in a pub that knows how to treat it, is about the finest drink on the face of the earth.
The tour at the Anchor Brewery is a good time.
And the tap-room after, sublime.
Oh my goodness, I made a rhyme.

My favorite beer is not made any more. :sniffle:
It was a Belgian red ale with cherries called Rhodenbach Alexander. Here are my age old tasting notes for it:
http://www.beancurdturtle.com/oldsite/m ... 0Alexander
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

jkwest wrote:NorCal has many local options i.e. Sierra Nevada, Anchor Steam, Pyramid, North Coast Brew.
Speaking of NorCal... Anderson Valley Brewing Company (Boonville, CA) makes my favorite porter: Deep Enders Dark. They also make a couple of good "abbey style" ales (Brother David's Double and Triple). I haven't had the opportunity to try any of their other offerings, but I'd guess they're quite good.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
jkwest
Location: the beautiful, untainted NorCal..yes there is one..

Post by jkwest »

jsluder wrote:
jkwest wrote:NorCal has many local options i.e. Sierra Nevada, Anchor Steam, Pyramid, North Coast Brew.
Speaking of NorCal... Anderson Valley Brewing Company (Boonville, CA) makes my favorite porter: Deep Enders Dark. They also make a couple of good "abbey style" ales (Brother David's Double and Triple). I haven't had the opportunity to try any of their other offerings, but I'd guess they're quite good.
Ahh...Anderson Valley...
And that spring time seasonal from Sierra Nevada, Big Foot Ale...crap, that stuff is potent!! :boggle: I can only handle a six pack a year.

Seems like everywhere I go
The more I see
the less I know-Michael Franti
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

I love beer...probably to an unhealthy obsession. I brew my own beer and have to say that there is no more beautiful beverage on the planet than a well-crafted homebrew.

Of the mass-produced beers out there, trying to pick a favorite is like picking your favorite child. Most American microbrews (especially those out of Denver and California) are quite excellent. There are too many wonderful English/Scottish/Irish lagers and ales to name.

Much of this, however, is a matter of personal taste. I, for one, don't care for a lot of Belgian and a few German beers. Too yeasty tasting for me...but I can certainly see what people love about them.

If you ever get a chance to visit The Center of the Universe, stop by Lawrence, Kansas and pound a few pints at the Free State Brewery. The beer there will change your life!