Antoine stakes a claim ...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
WyoBadger
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

That's interesting, Jessie. Sarah's cat likes enclosed places too. It will completely ignore its soft bed in lew of a box on the floor or its old basket in which it no longer even remotely fits. Is it a feeling of protection?

T
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
cowtime
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by cowtime »

Antoine may have tricked ya'll into believing he's a French or English Poodle, or some such sophisticated European canine- but really he's a

GARBAGE HOUND
:D

(that's what they go by around here anyway)
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

cowtime wrote:Antoine may have tricked ya'll into believing he's a French or English Poodle, or some such sophisticated European canine- but really he's a

GARBAGE HOUND
:D

(that's what they go by around here anyway)
Antoine has a clear set of priorities in every detail of his life - he's a very well organized dog. After awhile, you get to know them pretty well.

One evening, Arleen was calling Antoine, trying to get him to come upstairs. I observed him from the top of the stairs, first looking at Arleen, then looking towards the kitchen, then looking at Arleen, then looking towards the kitchen ...

After thoughtful deliberation, Antoine trotted off towards the kitchen.

I knew, and Arleen did not know, there was a bag of garbage that had just been removed from the kitchen wastebasket in preparation for being taken out to the street for the trash pickup.

As he looked at Arleen, then towards the kitchen, I could read his mind:

"People ... or ... garbage ... people ... or ... garbage ... people ... or ... garbage?"

And I knew which he would choose.

Best wishes,
Jerry