Power Back On! Goodbye Rita!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

I imagine all that lanolin keeps the flute well oiled, but doesn't the lint get in the bore? (or the fluff get up your nose? :D )

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

djm wrote:I imagine all that lanolin keeps the flute well oiled, but doesn't the lint get in the bore? (or the fluff get up your nose? :D )

djm

Mon ami, you have mistaken me for a cotton boll.

My fleece is long, luxurious, and sensual.

I do not lint. Nor do I shed. <Hmpf>
Cotelette d'Agneau
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Lamby, did I notice how cute you were before? I can't remember. Maybe that was the pirate photo. Anyway, that new avatar is sure cute!! :lol:

We have one of those weather radios. Have no fear anyone. You will not sleep through this alarm! You could have a heart attack though when it goes off in the middle of the night. :lol: We can hear the sirens quite well, but I want to know if there is a tornado watch or a severe thunderstorm watch and I never can seem to find the weather on the radio. So this alerts you ahead of time to what might develop. You can get woken up for things in nearby counties, etc., although it doesn't happen very often. But it has helped me be more calm about the weather since I feel I know what's going on.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth wrote:Lamby, did I notice how cute you were before? I can't remember. Maybe that was the pirate photo. Anyway, that new avatar is sure cute!! :lol:
Thank you! You did notice before, but that was the pirate photo.

I am especially proud of this one, which I did all by myself. It's my first venture into professional art.
Cynth wrote: You can get woken up for things in nearby counties, etc., although it doesn't happen very often. But it has helped me be more calm about the weather since I feel I know what's going on.
Can you not turn off the neighbors? Joseph Smith lives in a particularly busy county, weather-wise. I had to turn his off. (Sorry, Joseph!)

We often get high surf and riptide alerts at 3 a.m. The purpose of these mystified me until I realized that they enable the local surfers to get some board time in before work . . .

Actually, I think the true purpose is to alert lifeguards and let the hotels on the Gulf know they'll need to warn guests.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Those warning radios would be nice to have but only if they go off during a warning and not a watch. Around here they have a "watch" or "advisory" every time it rains. In the winter a half inch of flurries constitutes a "snow warning".
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Brewster

Post by Brewster »

WD--good to hear that everything is OK. My brother lives just west of Houston, and he stayed put. Lost power for a little bit, but it was back by noon on Saturday.
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Back at work today, and everybody seems to have weathered the event very well.

One lady from my office had a tree fall on her house, but no structural damage resulted, as far as she knew.

I am happy your brother is o.k. :)

Mary
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

Unfortunately my good luck was so good for my great-aunt who lives in Abbeville, LA. She had five feet of water in her house. Luckily family got her out in time.

She's eighty-five and spends a good amount of time cooking meals and delivering them to the "old folks" around town.
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Oh dear. I'm sure glad she had family near by. Maybe she can keep cooking in their kitchen while her house gets cleaned up. She sounds like the type who isn't going to be easily stopped! :lol:
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca