For Sale: Hi D Laughing Whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

Bloomfield wrote:Gary, just to let you know that I am investing the ridiculously high amount I am charging you in an Colin Goldie Overton Bass A.

Think Big. :)
When you buy that Bass A, let me know. I'll be glad to come to your place to help whenever you want to play it. I'll handle a couple of holes. We will need a 3rd person, however.
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

DaleWisely wrote:
Bloomfield wrote:Gary, just to let you know that I am investing the ridiculously high amount I am charging you in an Colin Goldie Overton Bass A.

When you buy that Bass A, let me know. I'll be glad to come to your place to help whenever you want to play it. I'll handle a couple of holes. We will need a 3rd person, however.
Thanks for the kind offer, but that won't be necessary. I've a plan to use that bass A to break the ice at parties, together with three topless hoola dancers of my acquaintance. They'd sort of line up, and then cover two holes each with their.... oh, but never mind. I don't want to spoil it beforehand.

It's going to be my party piece. :)
/Bloomfield
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Just think... if you'd had two preciousses for sale, you could've got the CGO Bass Bb too! :o
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

I have a Bernard Bass A. I like it a lot now that I have smoothed out the tone holes a smidge. They were just a tad too sharp for me as mfg's. Makes a nice harmony accompany instrument for a high or low d.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
MacNeil

Post by MacNeil »

Doc Jones wrote: Just for clarification, Noah's whistles are not $60. His website is outdated. He's now charging $79 and has a waiting list so Bloomy's OK. :)

Doc
Grumble...Had I known that, I would have put in a bid!

:sniffle:
dapple

Post by dapple »

Grumble...Had I known that, I would have put in a bid!
I bought a Laughing Whistle from Doc Jones a couple of weeks ago. If you send him an e-mail you might find that he has another one in stock. I keep mine in my briefcase. I'm usually the first one into my office in the mornings and when I arrive, I play it for a while. It's a very sweet and very quiet whistle.
~ David
emmline

Post by emmline »

Bloom, evidently, does not live with people who appreciate the relative quietness of a Herbison. Obviously, he can blast away at top volume without causing doors to close unasked.
I like my laughing D for many reasons, low volume being one of the most important.
MacNeil

Post by MacNeil »

dapple wrote:I bought a Laughing Whistle from Doc Jones a couple of weeks ago. If you send him an e-mail you might find that he has another one in stock.
Thanks...but who is Doc Jones, and what's his e-mail address?
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

emmline wrote:Bloom, evidently, does not live with people who appreciate the relative quietness of a Herbison. Obviously, he can blast away at top volume without causing doors to close unasked.
I like my laughing D for many reasons, low volume being one of the most important.
bloomy prefers loud whistles.

that is why he loves susatos. :D
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

avanutria wrote:
Wanderer wrote:For what it's worth, it's a sweet-sounding pure whistle. I like them quite a bit. I think for a little while, at least, Beth was a bit addicted to them and tried to corner the market or something ;)
I gave it a good shot, anyway. My acquisition of Laughing Whistles is on hold for the moment, but two of my remaining seven or so whistles are Laughings...

The additional shipping costs, customs fees, time of posting etc to get one over here are all mild deterrents.
Make that three. They bred.
TomB

Post by TomB »

amar wrote: bloomy prefers loud whistles.

:D
Bloomie, being the intrevert that he is, likes loud whistles to compensate for his shyness. :wink:

Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

TomB wrote:

Bloomie, being the intrevert that he is, likes loud whistles to compensate for his shyness. :wink:

Tom
Actually, I am trying to compensate for the comb-over. :sniffle:

emmline wrote:Bloom, evidently, does not live with people who appreciate the relative quietness of a Herbison. Obviously, he can blast away at top volume without causing doors to close unasked.
emm: For my quiet whistle needs I use a muted Clare two piece. And the doors already are closed (could it have to do with the anonymous gifts of deoderant my office neighbors leave me from time to time? :-? )
/Bloomfield
emmline

Post by emmline »

Bloomfield wrote:
TomB wrote:

Tom
Actually, I am trying to compensate for the comb-over. :sniffle:

emm: For my quiet whistle needs I use a muted Clare two piece. And the doors already are closed (could it have to do with the anonymous gifts of deoderant my office neighbors leave me from time to time? :-? )
More likely, they're finding the dancing girls tiresome.