Clover all over... So, how do I get rig of it?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
I.D.10-t
antispam: No

Post by I.D.10-t »

Astroturf is great!

Okay, real answer. I think that the advice on finding a different grass is solid. If clover is taking over, I would think that buffalo grass or zoysia grass would be the ticket. I guess one question I would ask is what do you use your lawn for? If you have room to play with a Frisbee than a nice solid turf seems in order. Other wise maybe it is time to come up with a long term plan for your yard and add a new section of plants each year.

But I am just jealous because I live in an apartment
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Lambchop
antispam: No

Re: Clover all over... So, how do I get rig of it?

Post by Lambchop »

Tony wrote:. Now, the clover is totally overtaking the grass, growing thick through my entire lawn and all of the surrounding areas.

How do I get rid of it?
Short of digging the entire yard up and putting down vegatation killer is there another way? Any Clover experts want to give advice?

You could pull it up, but a couple smallish "weeder" geese would be your best bet. Recycle that clover right into fertilizer. They'll keep down the insect population and keep out trespassers.

Personally, I'd go with the clover. With the water shortage here and the tendency of St. Augustine to go into great patches of brown spikes from, oh, say May to January, the clover is at least going to be green and soft.
Chuck_Clark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Chuck_Clark »

I *like* weeds. Come August when all that toney grass curls up its little brown toes, the weeds keep the green around.

Do *you* not want it, or do the subby neighbors not want it? In the latter case, bring in a dozen or so sheep or goats - they'll come to appreciate your clover in no time.
Its Winter - Gotta learn to play the blues