How long has everyone been at the pipes?

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
seisflutes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by seisflutes »

Hey JES, how ya doin?
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Not too bad, looking forward to Summer. :)
tompipes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by tompipes »

I don't put a whole lot of meas on the Ennis 21 years buisness but in September coming I'll have my 21 years done.
Tommy

Jusy to add to that I have been playing a Johny Bourke chanter for 20 years. Its my favourite chanter ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But in the last few months I've been playing a Leo Rowsome D chanter which is beautiful!! and so easy to play too!!!! There's no keys on it and so I feel there is some things I can't do on it but bottom line is I've waited 20 years from when I heard Leo Rowsome first and now I have one of his chanters and I can't be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tommy
PJ
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

tompipes wrote:in September coming I'll have my 21 years done.
I'm curious to know what happens to pipers after they've done their 21 years. Do they fade away or do they just drone on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and ... you get the idea. :D
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

After the 21 years, they then put in a 5 year stint with the French Foreign Legion and after that, they go back to their day jobs. :D
Beauford T Rosemondt III
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Beauford T Rosemondt III »

Antaine wrote:lol...i've been at it long enuff that I should know better...six years...
Could we please hear that CD of your performance with the orchestra? The professional one. We're all still curious just how good you can get in six years.
BTRIII