Where can I get Christmas Music?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jkrazy52
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jkrazy52 »

This should be a sticky thread ... until Christmas :)

Thanx again, Wanderer -- "Rufty Tufty" has been printed out and just waiting for me to latch onto my whistle-playing niece. For some reason whistles and her auntie here are taking a backseat to the boyfriend ... :P

Will, "The Wexford Carol" is one of my favorites, too. The only problem with the book is the lack of lyrics. I don't read ABC notation well, but is this one of the songs you're looking for?

X: 1
T:The Boar's Head
% Nottingham Music Database
%P:AAB
S:Vic
M:4/4
L:1/4
K:C
|:G|"C"c2 cc|"G"Bc "C"G3/2E/2|"F"FF "Dm"AF| [1"G"GA/2B/2 "C"c:| [2"G"GA/2B/2 "C"c2|
"C"ee "G"dd|"Am"AA "Em"G3/2E/2|"F"FF "Dm"AF|"G"GA/2B/2 "C"c||

Found it at the web-wide abc index

~Judy
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

That's the strangest transcription I've ever seen of It Came Upon a Midnight Clear. It is supposed to be in 6/8.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

My all time favourite carol is "Past Three O'Clock" which I heard for the first time on the BBC on Christmas Morning.

I was with the United Nations Peacekeeping force on Cyprus in 1966/67. I was on observation duty high up in the Kyrenia pass that early morning keeping watch and had loved that carol ever since.

Years latter when I had become a librarian (but not the music librarian,as I am now) I was given the job of creating a display of the history of English Carol (s) and what I found out, was that there are carols for all the differenct church seasons throughout the year in the Church of England. Many are quite beautiful to play. So check out your nearest library and see what they have.

MarkB

Oh! The only original Canadian Christmas carol is "The Huron Carol" and I have heard it sung in Huron, French and English, very lovely.
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
rkottke

Post by rkottke »

Back to the original question about where to purchase whistle yuletide music, I just ordered "A Celtic Tinwhistle Christmas" from Gaelic Crossings for $7.95.
Sláinte
Planck

Post by Planck »

There are seven or eight Christmas carols in "The Whistler's Pocket Companion" by Donna gilliam and Mizzy McCaskill.
It is a Mel Bay book. Worth the price of admission, there's lots of other stuff too.

John
Lowering property values by playing my whistle in the backyard.