Undisputed illness

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
janice

Post by janice »

My symphathies, Dale. Sounds like you're suffering from the same illness that Hubby and I have had for a week now. Coincidently, we were discussing the "Captain Tripps" disease from "The Stand" last night, cause we were both convinced that we've got something like it (but as nobody from the Government has come by to haul us off yet, I guess we're OK for now!)
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by PhilO »

A modicum of bed rest; lots of liquids, esp. hot tea and chicken soup of course. Please get well soon and remove that puss from our screens...

Best,

PhilO :D
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
DCrom
antispam: No

Post by DCrom »

Get well soon.

I think chas had the right idea - hot and sour soup (I like to splash it with Tabasco, but I'm a real chili-head) really helps get you feeling better fast. All the health benefits of chicken soup, but it clears the stuffiness as well.

I prescribe a bowl or two of H & S, accompanied by potstickers. Then a pot of chinese tea to follow - make it a point to take a few deep breaths of the steam from your cup.

If this doesn't do it, I can't think of anything that will.
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

Thanks for the recipe Charlie. You have not only helped treat Dale but all the rest of us as well. Get well Dale and treat everyone with kindness and consideration before yelling at them.

Ron
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Hope you get better soon Dale. Since others are free with advice, let me suggest, in order of efficacy:

1. A trip to Lourdes
2. An exorcism
3. Get your local spirit possession cult group to do a chicken sacrifice and then make chicken soup after the ceremony.
carrie

Post by carrie »

On the other hand, watching Lost in Translation doesn't seem like the worst possible way to go--what a movie.

But I really do hope you feel better soon!

Carol
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

Wombat wrote:Hope you get better soon Dale. Since others are free with advice, let me suggest, in order of efficacy:

1. A trip to Lourdes
2. An exorcism
3. Get your local spirit possession cult group to do a chicken sacrifice and then make chicken soup after the ceremony.
ascending or descending order of efficacy?
/Bloomfield
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Bloomfield wrote:
Wombat wrote:Hope you get better soon Dale. Since others are free with advice, let me suggest, in order of efficacy:

1. A trip to Lourdes
2. An exorcism
ascending or descending order of efficacy?
3 has my vote, if only because I like chicken soup. It doesn't require you to actually go anywhere. Now, what do they serve after exorcisms these days? The only that they serve that gets reported around here is the summons when things go wrong.
Jeferson
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jeferson »

Bloomfield wrote:ascending or descending order of efficacy?
As the local farm supply chap likes to say as he shows off the latest beekeeping headgear, "Efficacy (or lack thereof) is in the eye of the beeholder."

Dale, get well soon. I hope your illness abates before the batteries in the remote do.

Jef
boomerang

Post by boomerang »

Forget this other rubbish
Drink rum or scotch

and lots of it

might not make you feel any better,
but if you drink enough your not gunna give a rats anyways

:party: :devil: :twisted: :evil: :lol:
Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience!!
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I'm still sick. Continue to pity me. I believe the diagnosis now is
Psittacosis, a zoonotic disease caused by Chlamydia psittaci, typically transmitted from infected avian species to humans by inhalation of infectious aerosols. Both symptomatic and asymptomatic infected birds shed organisms in their droppings and other body secretions. Psittacosis was first described as a human disease in Europe in 1879, but was rarely reported in the United States before a pandemic that occurred in 1929-1930. The only thing wrong with my theory is that I haven't been in contact with any bird sh*t or other bird secretions. Chicken doesn't count, evidently. Also, while doing research on this disase I'm pretty sure I have, I ran across this passage from a case in the late 1970s (This is the proof I have it).

One patient with a fourfold titer rise to chlamydial group antigens died. This patient, an 89-year-old female with congestive heart failure, had purchased a lovebird in mid-October. Two weeks later the bird died.

Ah-ha! Because I have nothing in common with this victim (or the lovebird), it proves that I am a really exotic and rare case. I KNEW IT.

My physician's diagnosis is "upper respiratory infection," which turns out to be a cold. What a hack. The only reason I still go to her is that she doesn't yell at me for being fat.

My voice left me today at 2:38 p.m. in the middle of therapy session. The patient was weirded.

I remain mute. I communicate with my family tonight via hand signals. I've perfected the gestures for "please bring me" x, and "Mine is apparently a really exotic and rare case of psittacosis."

I started steroids yesterday (this time I'm not kidding) and they've got me a bit hypomanic & hypergraphic. Can you tell?
Jens_Hoppe

Re: OT: Undisputed illness

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

DaleWisely wrote:The Undisputed is not a very good patient.
Au contraire, it's obvious you're an excellent patient! :-)

Anyway, behaving as if one is about to, well, draw one's last breath however slight the illness is a man-thing, I believe. Feel proud!

Cough, cough.

/Jens
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

One patient with a fourfold titer rise to chlamydial group antigens died. This patient, an 89-year-old female with congestive heart failure, had purchased a lovebird in mid-October.
Just what was that lady getting up to with her lovebird?
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
Dale
The Landlord

Re: OT: Undisputed illness

Post by Dale »

Jens_Hoppe wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:
Anyway, behaving as if one is about to, well, draw one's last breath however slight the illness is a man-thing, I believe. Feel proud!

Cough, cough.

/Jens
That is true. And by the way, please tell my wife & kids I love them.

Dale
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

By the way, on the steroids, you might want to warn those you love and care for: they sometimes cause emotional lability in those who take them, who often wonder why people are suddenly treating them with kid gloves.

Me personally, they make me meaner than a sun-burnt snake. :o

Anyway, get better soon, and remember: James is your friend. :D

--James