What are you doing this St. Patrick's?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Turner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Turner »

Aaron could you explain to me how you make the flag move like that please?
thurlowe

Post by thurlowe »

Good luck, Chattie Kathy! You can't miss with this music.

All the best on your tour, Dierdre! And be sure to tell me when your next tour comes to Michigan. :) Keep us posted on the world tour when that happens, too.

Weekenders, it falls upon my lot to sing "Danny Boy" as well. Your post made me laugh.

Sam, play your heart out! I love the idea of giving the frat house a taste of the whistle.

Cara
AnnaDMartinez
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

I'm lending my house to the St. Andrew's Society of the Black Hills so we can stay warm before we line up for the St. Patrick's Day Parade here in Deadwood, and I'm baking a billion pounds of short bread! Once I get the flour off my hands, I just might go and busk on the porch of the Franklin Hotel and play Hector the Hero for the Highland pipe band Deadwood hires from Montana on my B-Flat Generation, or maybe not, there's gonna be a street fulla college kids barfing up green beer! Sigh! :roll:
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Thanks Cara,

I figured they could cover up my mistakes, :lol: Now if I can just cover up theirs! :boggle: We all decided as long as we have fun and none of the residents die while we are playing that we will have done well! :D

I will post a report when I get home on Monday. Oh yeah, we are also doing "Danny Boy" :roll: but with my side kicks being the gospel jammers, I don't know how Irish it will sound. Especially since the guy singing is a Polish/redneck/Dairy farmer! I think we will be presenting a new spin on Irish music! :lol:

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Starting the festivities at lunchtime by playing background music at the open day in the Irish Club of Belgium. Onwards later in the afternoon to a reception given by Irish Army personnel attached to various international bodies here. Then to the Embassy to enjoy the hospitality of our extremely popular ambassador and wet the shamrock at the taxpayer's expense. Unfortunately, as I'll have to bring my pipes with me to the latter two venues, I'll probably have to go easy on the jar in case they're spotted and I'm asked to play.

On the 18th, singing in the choir and playing a pipes solo at the annual Mass in the historic Irish Franciscan College in Louvain - we do the O Riada Mass, and the acoustics in the College chapel are so wonderful that we even think we sound good ourselves, no matter how bad we've been during rehearsals elsewhere. Then a bunch of us will play more background music for a reception in the adjoining Irish Institute. Will also probably get the usual last-minute call to rustle up a few musicians to add atmosphere in the bar of the sportsground where an exhibition match of Gaelic football is played on the Sunday before or after St Patrick's Day. All in all a quiet week, compared with the way things used to be when I came here first.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
McHaffie

This 'n That 'n 'de u'dr

Post by McHaffie »

Saturday is the parade in Springfield, MO. Parade starts around 2.00 so there's entertainment from like 9.00 till then. I'll be playing on stage w/ a local group (I'm not worthy!!! they are really good) and then I'll be playing at the local Celtic Society's setup. Sunday I play at my Grandmothers church.
THEN, Monday night I play at a local Coffeehouse downtown.

(btw, the first hoolie was this last Monday night and it turned out really good. something like 8 musicians showed up to play, several others to scope it out, and looks like we'll have upwards of 10 or 12 for next time!!! COOL!! :D )

Take care,
John
"Remember... No matter where you go... there you are..."
-Buckaroo Banzai
Blarney Pilgrim

Post by Blarney Pilgrim »

Kicking off the weekend with a gig at the local community college coffee house.

Steve
jim_mc
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Let's see: I'll be playing in two parades, at a retirement community and the local psych hospital (I got invited back after playing there last year). Then I have an evening class with Bill Ochs, and at 10 pm the Black 47 concert. Tuesday I'll sleep all day.
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

No gigs this year; the fellow I usually do the St. Paddy's debacle thing with is recovering from a sprung back. Darn...good money, too. Sooo...maybe the Sunday session at Keegan's, Monday at Molly Quinn's. Depends on how unruly the party animals get, you know? :roll:

Otherwise I usually avoid Irish pubs during this time.

Nanohedron MacGrinch
Paul

Post by Paul »

Saturday I'll watch the St. Patrick's Day Parade. :)
Last edited by Paul on Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

Some other folks and I had a nice easy gig lined up for the Friday the 14th. Something happened and it fell though. So nuthin.

Steve
Wizzer

Going to see the Chieftans

Post by Wizzer »

Good seats for my first time seeing them live Monday night.
hank123

Post by hank123 »

Four Irish pubs on 1 block within walking distance of home
+
1 whistle and a collection of memorized tunes
+
a limited amount of $
+
free pints once $=0 for every tune played

= tripping happily home only stopping to piss in the harbor...
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Friday our pipe band does the St. Anne's church community St. Patrick's party/ concert then Friday the Roanoke St. Patrick's Day parade. I'll be flinging those tenor mallets at these (but I'm taking the good old laughing whistle , it'll fit in the sporran.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

As far as I'm aware, I have no plans for St. Patrick's Day... Unless I get called by one of the churches to play for one of their annual dinners or something...

I'll probably watch Irish/St. Patrick's Day TV specials and all, as well as play my whistle and wear green.
Light spills into the hidden valley,
Illuminating the falls, paths, and
The breathtaking Elvish dwelling
Set back among great trees.
Lilting strains of Elven songs fill my heart;
I am finally home.
~Isilwen Elanessë