OT: Democratic Primaries: the C&F Straw Poll

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

Which Democrat would make the best American president?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:58 pm

General Wesley Clark
20%
Governor Howard Dean
22%
Senator John Edwards
9%
Congressman Dick Gephardt
4%
Senator John Kerry
13%
Congressman Dennis Kucinich
7%
Senator Joe Lieberman
15%
Reverend Al Sharpton
11%

Total votes: 46

jim stone

Post by jim stone »

MurphyStout wrote:Hmmm, have you ever watched prime time TV? Over 50% of the people on those shows are jewish. Ever seen Friends? Have you ever heard of the credit card industry? Ever hear of NBC? They most certainly do own much of the media and a large portion of the money in this country. And you say that people where sympathetic to isrealis in the 50s? Over half people who were alive and watching movies in the 50's and 60's (outside of the baby boomers) disliked jews and so did the generations before them. I spend alot of time talking with the world war 2 generation and almost all of them don't like Jews. No, it started after those guys because the media was able to effect the baby boomers and the following generations.

No, I'm not saying it got everyone to like the jews because enough people still don't like Jews to the point where Bush got elected. But the fact of the matter showing Haluacost films every year on network television and in theatres, and filling roles with Jewish actors is a direct way to influence people to like jews and it is a direct way to control how they feel towards Isreal. In effect it helps them form public opinion and this is just one of many examples on how Big Money and Interests use the media to form public opinion. And yes, the people have to go along with it for it to work so in that way there is a checks and balance but it still works nonetheless.
I think you're starting to say scary things, old fellow. I don't understand the relevance of your earlier questions.
TV in the 50s was not a prime mover of American
opinion, it was often test patterns. So far you've given
no support to the claim that Jews own much of the media,
with which I disagree.

I was alive and kicking in the 50s, and plainlya Jew. I travelled
to various places, went to school in various places.
I virtually never experienced hostility or prejudice against
Jews. So I disagree with your assessment of American
hostility toward Jews. Thank heaven I was born here.

Movies about The Holocaust are made because the

Holocaust is one of the most important and interesting
things in human history. Jewish actors are in them
because they're good actors; they're on TV because
ethnic characters are interesting. Please think twice
before posting this stuff. Best
MurphyStout
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by MurphyStout »

Bloo, correct my spelling all you want I'm still the better whistler :wink:

But you're right, there aren't any jewish people in the media and we never see movies about the haluacost. And is a consperacy theory still a consperacy theory is it's true?

And I'm no leftist Blue, I support guns, and I'm prolife. Don't you have packing to do?
No I'm not returning...
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

I'm going to bow out of this one before I get labeled an antisemite, which I am not. I don't even to need to defend myself but the bottom line is that we are all born clean slates with a bit of genetics and nuture and our environment determine who we turn out to be. I know this and therefore I don't hold a grudge on anybody. Had I been George Bush, I would be exactly like he is today, or Bin Laden or Suddam. All I am saying is whoever controls the media has great control over our environment whoever it is and thru it they can control out thoughts. I could go thru all the shows and all the networks and give you a list of jews and nonjews or how much money are in the hands of jews but I won't cause I'd rather spend it on my music or doing something productive cause I'm clearly not making any ground here. I never intended to even mention jews until you did in that post Jim. I wasn't alive in the 50's so all I have to go on is what I read in the history books and what my grandparents and their friends have to say. If using my own eyes, my knowlegde and logic makes me scarey then I guess I'm just scarey. To me your outdated opinions are scarey. Lesson learned I guess, no more political posts from me. Now, back to my hamilton.
No I'm not returning...
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Godspeed.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Quote @ janice
I've said it before and I'll say it again-I'm glad I live in Canada for alot of reasons, chief among them our parliamentary political system. It's far from perfect, but it is more hijack proof than what y'all have south of the border.

And it's just a more civilized society as a whole. Some examples:
1) No death penalty
2) Gay people have the right to marry in both Ontario and British Columbia
3) Abortion rights are protected
4) Universal health care (and no matter what kind of slant you've heard from the corporately controlled US media, overall, it's a good system).
5) The income gap between the rich and poor is much smaller than in the United States.

Plus we don't have any Republicans. We do have the Reform/Conservative party, but they are (*thankfully*) marginalized as a political force right now, and have been for some time.

Hey, janice...I have a question (might as well hijack this thread with the direction its going in anyway)....does universal health care include mental illness? I've heard different things.
Rando7

Post by Rando7 »

MurphyStout wrote: you guys are stuck in the 1980's or 70's. That's the way it is and if I was your age I'd prolly be stuck there too.
Geez, in the seventies I was still a liberal!
janice

Post by janice »

Cran-our universal health care covers everything, including mental illness, physiotherapy and chiropractic services..

As of last year, stomach staplings are also covered for people deemed to be chronically obese.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Kerry Widens Lead In Latest N.H. Poll
Dean Continues To Slip After Iowa Caucus
Kirk Enstrom, Staff Writer

UPDATED: 6:18 PM EST January 23, 2004

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- Sen. John Kerry's lead in New Hampshire has increased over former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean in the first tracking poll done entirely after the Iowa caucus.

Kerry has the support of 37 percent of likely Democratic primary voters in the WMUR-TV tracking poll conducted by the University of New Hampshire Survey Center. Dean has slipped to 19 percent. The poll has a margin of error of 4.7 percent.

The turnaround since the Iowa caucus has been dramatic. In a tracking poll before the caucus, Kerry was second, with 24 percent support, while Dean was first, with 33 percent. Since Kerry's victory in Iowa, he has gained 13 percent, while Dean has lost 14 percent.

Retired Gen. Wesley Clark has also slipped somewhat, with 15 percent support, compared to 18 percent on Jan. 19. Sen. John Edwards has finally shown some upward movement, with 11 percent support, compared to 8 percent previously.

Sen. Joe Lieberman, who, along with Clark, did not compete in Iowa, has also improved, with 8 percent of the vote, up from 5 percent. Rep. Dennis Kucinich has remained at 3 percent through all the tracking polls.

The Rev. Al Sharpton has consistently registered at less than 1 percent support in New Hampshire.
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

susnfx wrote:I live in a state that is so one-party, candidates for national office of any party don't even campaign here. Voting for a candidate in any other party is an exercise in futility.
I think that as long as the Democratic Party increasingly casts itelf in favor of abortion-on-demand, sexual libertinism, and moral licentiousness in general, this situation will not change significantly.
Reasonable person
Walden
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

(AP) With 4 percent of the NH precincts reporting, Kerry had 38 percent, Dean had 22 percent, Clark 13 percent, Edwards 13 percent and Lieberman 11 percent.

(update) With 27% precincts reporting, news sources now give it to Kerry (39%),
and Dean (24%).

Julia Gorin, a contributing editor of Jewish World Review,
Wednesday, January 7, 2004 12:01 a.m. EST, writes...

"The race is on. Not for the presidency, but for the Jewish
presidency, and the Jewish vote. Joe Lieberman aside, we recently
heard that Wesley Clark whispered to a supporter concerned about his
stance on Israel, "Did you know my father was Jewish?" Not to be
outdone, within days Democratic front-runner Howard Dean made sure
we all found out about his devout Jewish wife and Jewish kids. John Kerry,
however, had almost a year on either of them, because he found out
back in February that his paternal grandfather was Jewish and his
grandmother had "Jewish roots."
Jack

Post by Jack »

Guess how many people in history who have won both the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary went on to win the White House..

None.

Things don't look good for Kerry.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Heh, heh, heh...
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

No way! Didn't Jimmy Carter win both Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primaries in 1976 when he became president?
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

After long consideration and recent developments, I have decided to vote for the moderate Democrat GW Bush. Considered Lieberman, but don't know if he will be on the ticket by then.

Watch out for the pretty boy Edwards. I think he has a chance.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Jack

Post by Jack »

"Uncommitted" came in ahead of Carter.

But even if Carter had won them both, the odds against Kerry would still be very high.

Kerry as the nominee and the convention being held in Boston?

May...I...ask...why?