Checking the market pulse....

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
JS
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Checking the market pulse....

Post by JS »

I'd be really tempted since I'm beginning to feel the lack of keys for some of the Scottish tunes I'm learning. That would mean selling an instrument or two to finance it, and the current market isn't the best for that. Still...
"Furthermore he gave up coffee, and naturally his brain stopped working." -- Orhan Pamuk
Flexismart
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Some of my original tunes are displayed at https://thesession.org/members/49476
I play several flutes, many whistles, many guitars, bouzouki, banjo, and own way too many pedals.
I could open a music store if I didn't live in the back woods of Pennsylvania.

Post by Flexismart »

I recently gave up a Healy keyless, a Copeland high D, and an 1821 Ellard for a keyless Hammy - and I'm happy to have it.
I play a Hammy 6 key post mount and love it, but needed a keyless for practice and sessioning.

I've had several of Casey's flutes - and could recommend them as nice players - but $1500 with keys - made domestically?
That's a bargain.
dow
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by dow »

Casey Burns wrote:Here is a question for everyone:

If you could get a new 4 or 6 keyed flute with a tuning slide and rings from a top maker for say, $1400-1500, would you buy it?
Personally, I wouldn't do it, at least not in my current situation, but that's because I'm not in the market right now, nor do I plan to be in the market anytime soon. I've got a dandy antique 6-key that I'm mighty pleased with. However, I would recommend a keyed flute from Casey without reservation, based on my experiences with his keyless flutes. I'd say go for it, if you can figure out a way to do it and still keep yourself in beans and cornbread (which reminds me, I've got to put some beans on to soak tonight. My son has requested beans and cornbread for supper tomorrow night.).
Dow Mathis ∴
Boerne, TX
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

My short answer would be yes...
oakuss

Post by oakuss »

Yep.
ancientfifer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ancientfifer »

A yes for me, given all other factors (sound, materials) remaining the same. Absolutely.
ancientfifer is the chiffer formerly known as fifenwhistle (Dec. 2008-January 2014)
Avatar Photo: Colonial Williamsburg Fifes and Drums, July 4th Parade 1976, broadcasted live nationally on CBS.
Berti66
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Berti66 »

definitely. its a good price!! hard to believe actually, price ;)