RIP, Bernard Grigsby

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
footie70
antispam: No

Re: RIP, Bernard Grigsby

Post by footie70 »

Hello Everyone,

I am Bernard's Sister. I would like to thank everyone for all their kind words. My Brother was a very special person and words will never be able to say how much I loved him.

Again Thank You
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steampacket »

"Hello, my name is bernard grigsby I live in the state of West Virginia, in a town that's on the Ohio river. I have been playing Irish music for twelve years now. I started playing uilleann pipes about 8yrs. ago now.

My first set was an experiment by Mark Hillmann, the best could not get it reeded and playing sufficiently. I was fortunate enough to get ahold of a D. Williams chanter and a Bill Thomas drone (he's suppose to be making a set of T,B,&Bs reg. with the taylor style reed cap) at this point, was I able to start to learn the ins and outs of the instrument. ...."

The above is the start of the first long e-mail from Bernard, with the subject title "To make myself known", sent to me in 1999. This was the start of a long friendship over the years via e-mail discussing pipes, especially Geoff's instruments, reeds & music. We never met in person, only through words, but I liked him, a very nice man. I only found out a couple of weeks ago that Bernard had passed away. My condolences to his family, his sister, & friends
Patrick D'Arcy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

I shared Mike Euritt's basement with Bernard at my first tionol in San Francisco in 1997. I met him at the many other West Coast Tionol in those days and always missed him when he couldn't be there. Here are a few photos from those events:

He was a gent and I was glad to have known him.

Patrick.