FS: 8 key Grinter Bb silver and blackwood

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
bepoq
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm just updating my profile. Actually came on to change my signature, which is out of date. I have no idea what 100 characters looks like. Is this enough perhaps?

Re: FS: 8 key Grinter Bb silver and blackwood + Sound Clips

Post by bepoq »

Hi All,

Giving another attempt at this as visits home must be made and I'm too skint to make them. Price drop: $5200. Offers also entertained.

Cheers,

Ben

Hey MT, any chance you could resurrect the other one and perhaps add (or let me add) the price drop to the subject line?
Cheers,
BP
Flutes, whistles, pipes: Come From Away, Broadway

CD, The Mouse in the Mug, available.

Avatar painting by Vincent Crotty of Kerry, now Boston. Visit his site here
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

bepoq wrote:Hey MT, any chance you could resurrect the other one and perhaps add (or let me add) the price drop to the subject line?
Done. I'll update the subject line per your next post. - Mod.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
clark
Tell us something.: I've played Irish flute most of my life. My band Celtic Waves has been performing in Honolulu for the last 17 years.

Post by clark »

Have you struck out with ebay as well. Seems like you have to reach a larger audience.
Clark
bepoq
Tell us something.: I'm just updating my profile. Actually came on to change my signature, which is out of date. I have no idea what 100 characters looks like. Is this enough perhaps?

Post by bepoq »

MTGuru wrote:
bepoq wrote:Hey MT, any chance you could resurrect the other one and perhaps add (or let me add) the price drop to the subject line?
Done. I'll update the subject line per your next post. - Mod.

eh?

bepoq

Post by bepoq »

clark wrote:Have you struck out with ebay as well. Seems like you have to reach a larger audience.
Clark
Aye, I think I'll give that a try this time - I'll give it a week first with the price drop though.
Cheers,

Ben

MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

bepoq wrote:eh?
eee ... oh ... oooh ... :P

bepoq

Re: FS: 8 key Grinter Bb silver and blackwood: price dropped

Post by bepoq »

uh, cute, but still trying to figure out how to change the subject line. does this work?

MTGuru

Re: FS: 8 key Grinter Bb silver and blackwood: price dropped

Post by MTGuru »

bepoq wrote:uh, cute, but still trying to figure out how to change the subject line. does this work?
No. There is a 3 day window to edit posts. You can start a new thread, or PM a request to the moderators.

bepoq

Re: FS: 8 key Grinter Bb silver and blackwood, price dropped

Post by bepoq »

Now on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0463999576, so please spread the work. I hate putting it on ebay.

If anybody fancies popping by the listing and seeing if it looks adequate, that is to say, pointing out all the mistakes, I'd be much obliged.

Cheers,

Ben

kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: FS: 8 key Grinter Bb silver and blackwood, price dropped

Post by kkrell »

bepoq wrote:Now on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0463999576 , so please spread the work. I hate putting it on ebay.

If anybody fancies popping by the listing and seeing if it looks adequate, that is to say, pointing out all the mistakes, I'd be much obliged.

Cheers,

Ben
Edited to fix your Link.

The eBay listing looks fine, although they're not fond of the inclusion of outside links in your description.

I suggest adding verbiage to explain the 1st couple of pictures that show your low C & C# "declawed".

This statement is meaningless: "I will ship internationally, but I will insure only up to the limit of $2499, and the balance of risk belongs to the purchaser once the flute leaves my possession". The entire risk lays with you, according to eBay and PayPal policies, to reach the buyer. If not shown as DELIVERED to the buyer (proof viewable on-line, with on-line signature), then they may claim a full refund. Despite whether it was actually delivered or not. BTW, hand-delivery by yourself or an individual acting as your delivery agent would still not qualify for seller protection. By your feedback #, you seem to have substantial eBay experience, so you might be able to mitigate these factors using carriers such as Fed Ex, DHL, etc., although they will hit the buyer (or back to you) on Customs Duties fees, VAT (if applicable), and carrier customs collection fees.

If you do sell internationally, then you probably want to add the recommended statement:
The following text, or very similar text, must be included in the listing. You can cut and paste this directly into your listing:
International Buyers – Please Note:

Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.

Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.

This text must also be:

Free standing or apart from other text in the item description

In a font size no smaller than the majority of the other text in the item description

Prominently displayed in the upper half of the item description

You might also want to include the following information for potential buyers:

Customs fees are normally charged by the shipping company or collected when you pick the item up. These fees are not additional shipping charges.

We won't under-value merchandise or mark the item as a gift on customs forms. Doing that is against U.S. and international laws.
I know you've had trouble selling this at your previous asking price, but I would suggest NOT selling it on eBay. Certainly NOT selling it Internationally on eBay.

The word "hear" is the one you want when referring to audio, not location.
bepoq

Re: eBay: 8 key Grinter Bb silver and blackwood

Post by bepoq »

Heh, thanks Kevin, that's fairly depressing reading - I've changed it so international bidders must at least contact me before I'll allow their bidding. Actually, though my feedback looks good, I've not sold something for about 7 years or so, and never did very much. Things appear to have changed drastically. Any more advice would be most welcome.

As to selling it, I now very much need to, and it was not so much my original asking price that got me to put it on ebay, but the fact that I never even got an offer, of any variety - or even an expression of interest, even once I lowered the initial asking price. As I think he is currently charging over $4500 for one, with the waiting list, I was a little surprised, though perhaps that is just what the current economy mandates. Hey ho.

thanks again

B

Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

It might help if you post photos on eBay with the pewter plugs in place. Just a thought...
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
radcliff
Tell us something.: in two words, Rudall & Rose. but since a minimum of 100 characters is required, I should list a number of makers I found extremely interesting… I don't even know how much are 100 characters...

Post by radcliff »

Jon C. wrote:It might help if you post photos on eBay with the pewter plugs in place..
bepoq

Post by bepoq »

Please observe the foot joint picture - I'll point that out though, thanks.

B

bepoq

Post by bepoq »

heh, no luck. I'll just struggle on I suppose - give a yowl if interested though.
thanks again for the advice Kevin.