vPipes Update

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
KevinCorkery
antispam: No

Re: vPipes Update

Post by KevinCorkery »

Patrick D'Arcy wrote:You're not 6'1" :lol:

Ok, now in your video we're going to have to see you standing up against a tape measure to verify your height !! :thumbsup:
Jeff Cullen

Post by Jeff Cullen »

Brazenkaine - I'm having trouble believing that you actually exist. You need to post a youtube testimonial, along with your birth certificate and social security number. Then I'll find another way to dispute you and your supposed electronic bagpipe. No one would name their kid Brazenkaine, anyway. What kind of fools do you take us for?
Jeff Cullen
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - A.E.
Brazenkane
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Brazenkane »

okay..would you believe the feckin drivers license agency here changed the laws and wanted either my passport or birth cert to prove that I live here!?
Give a man a wooden reed and he'll play in the driest of weather,
Teach a man to make a wooden reed,
and the both of ye will go insane!
PJ
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Brazenkaine wrote:okay..would you believe the feckin drivers license agency here changed the laws and wanted either my passport or birth cert to prove that I live here!?
Ha! Even they don't believe you. :wink:
PJ
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

... no, I'M Brazenkaine...
pudinka
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by pudinka »

okay..would you believe the feckin drivers license agency here changed the laws and wanted either my passport or birth cert to prove that I live here!?
Ah, so you must live in Boobyville, Arizona, USA.
It's true that you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar - but a big, steaming pile works best of all.
tommykleen
Tell us something.: I am interested in the uilleann pipes and their typical -and broader- use. I have been composing and arranging for the instrument lately. I enjoy unusual harmonic combinations on the pipes. I use the pipes to play music of other cultures.

Post by tommykleen »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:... no, I'M Brazenkaine...
I thought you were Raisin' Cane. Now I'm confused. :-?

t
Brazenkane

Post by Brazenkane »

I've been getting many inquiries as to how i'm getting on with the vpipes. I'm still discovering it's strengths (played during a final exam I proctored! Yes!), and encountering some shortcomings. Briefly, I can say that I'm REALLY enjoying it and see loads of benefits from being to play anywhere, anytime.

The playing differences are not so great twixt vpipes and an acoustic instrument. i.e. I can see (and feel first hand) this instrument as a huge help to not only clean up one's technique, but superb for getting a huge amount of additional practice time in..... when otherwise you might be sitting on your hole, away from your pipes, thinking about how much time you may get to practice before it's time to go to sleep.

I hope to write a detailed article for the piper's review. By then I'll have enough info from Ramon Castro to give this a fair shake in public.

Best Dishes

;-)

O'Kane
liraman

Post by liraman »

Brazenkaine wrote:Briefly, I can say that I'm REALLY enjoying it and see loads of benefits from being to play anywhere, anytime.
The playing differences are not so great twixt vpipes and an acoustic instrument. i.e. I can see (and feel first hand) this instrument as a huge help to not only clean up one's technique, but superb for getting a huge amount of additional practice time in..... when otherwise you might be sitting on your hole, away from your pipes, thinking about how much time you may get to practice before it's time to go to sleep.
I totally agree with the above (just arriving to work, playing along on the one hour train ride from Uppsala to Stockholm). I made my first own virtual pipe set this morning (a gorgeous low A-set with drones tuned to B-minor). I too can see minor(really!) shortcomings but I'll save that for later. Next two projects is a youtube clip (in the works!) and a suitable gig bag (gig bag makers haven't tagged along so far making something appropriate).
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

tommykleen wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote:... no, I'M Brazenkaine...
I thought you were Raisin' Cane. Now I'm confused. :-?

t
Welcome to my paradise. :lol:
ferris54

Post by ferris54 »

no vids yet??
magroibin

Post by magroibin »

ferris54 wrote:no vids yet??
Ditto!
Personally I will not even remotely believe that these so called vpipes even exist until one of you packs it up, sends it my way for testing, leaves it with me for somewhere between 2 and 197 weeks and preferably forgets that they are even in my possession (assuming I don't just pack up and move in the meantime).
THEN I'll let you know how things are going....
:P
ferris54

Post by ferris54 »

well as there is no evidence they exist or play, i have ordered a set and will let you know my thoughts if and when they arrive. I will certainley post a video. However, if you cant actually see me holding anything and a record player in the background, that will be cos you aint on the same wavelength as me and mr castro!
Brazenkane

Post by Brazenkane »

good man Ferris. I can't wait until the don't come just like mine did. :poke:

((was playing mine just yest btw) :thumbsup:
Black Rose

Post by Black Rose »

Jeff Cullen wrote:Brazenkaine - I'm having trouble believing that you actually exist. You need to post a youtube testimonial, along with your birth certificate and social security number. Then I'll find another way to dispute you and your supposed electronic bagpipe. No one would name their kid Brazenkaine, anyway. What kind of fools do you take us for?
Brazenkaine was really born in Kenya and that birth certificate is a fake. And anyone can steal a social security number.
Sigs are a waste of bandwidth