Blu-Ray High Deathinition

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Blu-Ray High Deathinition

Post by Dale »

Mrs. Undisputed and I are watching the Blu-Ray of Gone With the Wind. It's restored to it's original uncropped, non-wide screen version as appeared originally in theaters. On Blu-Ray, it's unbelievably vivid and sharp. This movie was shot more than 70 years ago, so everyone in it is dead and it's a bit disorienting to see all these dead people so alive.
mutepointe

Re: Blu-Ray High Deathinition

Post by mutepointe »

Were there alternate endings?
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
dwest

Post by dwest »

mutepointe wrote:Were there alternate endings?
The South loses in every version, a fact they have apparently never accepted.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Some Yankees never get tired of rubbing their noses in it. I was thinking more in lines with Rhett giving a damn.
白飞梦
dwest

Post by dwest »

Fact is the Rhett and Butler families would have never accepted the daughter of an Irish peasant.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

damn.
白飞梦
Makar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Makar »

I watched Zulu the other night - the 1964 one with a young MIchael Caine. It is as old as me but looks to be wearing better. I wish I could be remastered...

Blu ray on an HD projector onto a 92" screen with KEF surround system is better than going to the cinema. You avoid the plebs and can incorporate pee breaks when your beer determines.
There is no such uncertainty as a sure thing!
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Makar wrote: Blu ray on an HD projector onto a 92" screen with KEF surround system is better than going to the cinema. You avoid the plebs and can incorporate pee breaks when your beer determines.
Not to mention the fact that you can even have that beer while you watch :D
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Dale wrote:Mrs. Undisputed and I are watching the Blu-Ray of Gone With the Wind. It's restored to it's original uncropped, non-wide screen version as appeared originally in theaters. On Blu-Ray, it's unbelievably vivid and sharp. This movie was shot more than 70 years ago, so everyone in it is dead and it's a bit disorienting to see all these dead people so alive.
Is it just me, or are there others who hate that movie? I found Scarlet to be an insufferable bitch-- someone should have slapped her upside the head early on and saved us having to watch her tantrums for the next three hours. Yes, the movie technology was groundbreaking for its day but I really don't care for the story.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Makar wrote:I watched Zulu the other night - the 1964 one with a young MIchael Caine. It is as old as me but looks to be wearing better. I wish I could be remastered...

Blu ray on an HD projector onto a 92" screen with KEF surround system is better than going to the cinema. You avoid the plebs and can incorporate pee breaks when your beer determines.
Heheh, Zulu. When I was at school in the 60s our end-of-term treat was to pile into the school hall on the last afternoon and watch a film on a big mobile screen. The film was Zulu - every time. I must have watched it at least six times. Heaven knows why the priests couldn't hire any other films (perhaps Zulu has the "correct" moral message in it somehow...)

As for beer-swillers' pee breaks at home, that only works if both parties are swilling the beer and have equal-sized bladders. Nothing brings on scorn, derision and impatient tut-tutting more in our house than my frequent requests to the missus to hit the pause button.
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Makar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Makar »

SteveShaw wrote: As for beer-swillers' pee breaks at home, that only works if both parties are swilling the beer and have equal-sized bladders. Nothing brings on scorn, derision and impatient tut-tutting more in our house than my frequent requests to the missus to hit the pause button.

Steve have you thought of using incopants? Or take a leaf out of my four year olds book - when she is really enjoying something and needs the toilet she just wets herself. She has obviously weighed up the consequences - we need to get tougher... :swear:

I'm veering off topic dramatically now. However I do want to say that blu ray is fantastic and I avoid plain old DVD if there is the choice. Casablanca (remastered blu ray) has just been delivered to our house and I am sending round the invites to friends. Can't wait.

cheers
Stephen
There is no such uncertainty as a sure thing!
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

I confess to not even knowing what blu-ray is. Can I play my Betamax tapes on it? :D
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
dwest

Post by dwest »

SteveShaw wrote:I confess to not even knowing what blu-ray is. Can I play my Betamax tapes on it? :D
Blue ray only works in tropical waters.
emmline

Post by emmline »

brewerpaul wrote: Is it just me, or are there others who hate that movie? I found Scarlet to be an insufferable bitch-- someone should have slapped her upside the head early on and saved us having to watch her tantrums for the next three hours.
Not just you. :wink:
A protagonist so short on empathy is awfully hard to care about for that long.
Infernaltootler

Post by Infernaltootler »

emmline wrote:
brewerpaul wrote: Is it just me, or are there others who hate that movie? I found Scarlet to be an insufferable bitch-- someone should have slapped her upside the head early on and saved us having to watch her tantrums for the next three hours.
Not just you. :wink:
A protagonist so short on empathy is awfully hard to care about for that long.
No indeedy dee, frankly my dear etc etc
Finally feel like I'm getting somewhere. It's only taken 6 years.