Looking For Pictures

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
sjcavy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes and I have become obsessed with them. But now the antispam software is just irritating the hell out of me so I am typing random crap to get past the minimum 100 character limit.

Looking For Pictures

Post by sjcavy »

Hello, just a hobby of mine,

I am looking for any and all pictures of pipes by these makers:

K&Q,Andy Faden, Cillian O'Bhrian, Dave Williams, Alain Froment... Or really just any unique sets you have, or know of. Do not be afraid to post them here. Thanx!
Just a newbie making his way through the world.
Ailin

Re: Looking For Pictures

Post by Ailin »

Perhaps the pictures of your pipes thread? I am sure most, if not all, of these maker's pipes can be found there in multiple pictures.
He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.
sjcavy
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes and I have become obsessed with them. But now the antispam software is just irritating the hell out of me so I am typing random crap to get past the minimum 100 character limit.

Post by sjcavy »

But not in any frequency. I've already tried that. So my request still stands. :wink:
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Something that has come up in the past:

You might want to ask that only those who hold the copyright or have permission from the copyright owner post to the thread. Otherwise, you'll have people copying photos from websites, emails, etc. without permission of the owners.
PJ
sjcavy

Post by sjcavy »

Thanks PJ.

That is what I want, People who own the sets, or hold the copyrights to the pictures are the only ones allowed to post to this thread. I'd really like the pictures though, this is an on going project only for my consumption. I agree to not redistribute the photos at anytime.

Also, Makers, please contribute anything you want.
pudinka
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by pudinka »

Is there a website anywhere where there are photos of sets grouped my the maker - where one could simply log on and search through the images - piper's ρσяиσפядρђψ?
It's true that you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar - but a big, steaming pile works best of all.
Patrick D'Arcy

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

One does come to mind..... :D

Patrick.
pudinka

Post by pudinka »

ρσяиσפядρђψ
????

Big Brother, what is it with the puedo-Cyrillic child-proofing? I want to check...On my farm, I have a large ass. His name is Richard Millhouse Nixon, named after the former US president but we just call him Dick, because "Come here, Richard Millhouse Nixon" is just too much.

I just want to see what happens this time.
It's true that you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar - but a big, steaming pile works best of all.
sjcavy

Post by sjcavy »

Funny Pat. :lol:
pudinka

Post by pudinka »

It's just silly sometimes.
tommykleen
Tell us something.: I am interested in the uilleann pipes and their typical -and broader- use. I have been composing and arranging for the instrument lately. I enjoy unusual harmonic combinations on the pipes. I use the pipes to play music of other cultures.

Post by tommykleen »

I also think it is good form to run your pix past the maker (if possible/living) before posting them anywhere public. And anything on a website, even a limited access one, I think you should consider public. An escape is just a "save picture as" , or screen grab, away from public.

t
pudinka

Post by pudinka »

I was thinking about old sets too, with makers long dead and indifferent about this forum.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

... try this again...

Loads of photos here: http://www.UilleannObsession.com
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

pudinka wrote:
ρσяиσפядρђψ
????

Big Brother, what is it with the puedo-Cyrillic child-proofing? I want to check...On my farm, I have a large ass. His name is Richard Millhouse Nixon, named after the former US president but we just call him Dick, because "Come here, Richard Millhouse Nixon" is just too much.

I just want to see what happens this time.
It has nothing to do with childproofing, but has instead everything to do with searchbots looking for keywords. Think of it as a service to keep Chiff & Fipple a nastyspam-free zone. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
pudinka

Post by pudinka »

I figured it was done automatically by software - that is why I wanted to test it on the second post. It just seems a bit strange to obfuscate a word that is not obscene (though what it is describing might be) in such a way that it can still be read - it graphically draws attention to the word, if anything. Spam prevention or not, it is not the first time a "questionable" word has been altered automatically.
... try this again...
Tricky Dicky and I saw that the first time it was posted by Mr. D'Arcy, thanks.