MYSPACE PROBLEM - NO MUSIC PLAYS

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tom Dowling
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

MYSPACE PROBLEM - NO MUSIC PLAYS

Post by Tom Dowling »

For the last few days I have not been able to listen to anyone's MYSPACE page music. On some PC's I have used, the player comes up and nothing plays. On my home PC, the player does not even show onthe page.

I was wondering if this due to a problem in my PC or if it is more widespead.

Thanks,

Tom Dowling
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: MYSPACE PROBLEM - NO MUSIC PLAYS

Post by s1m0n »

It's a blessing, not a problem.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

I don't have that problem, but it's probably something grabbing and muting one of the sound devices. On my HP (Windows) machine there are different sound devices for MIDI playback and Voice Playback. Occasionally something like Youtube will grab one and mute the other. Then it needs reset before ABCNavigator will play. Specific games certainly do this sort of thing.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Tom Dowling
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Post by Tom Dowling »

Thanks for the insights--the one about the blessing and the one about the technical aspects of the problem. I just set up an HP Netbook and (fortunately or other) the player appears and the music is accessible. I notice a new QUICKTIME Icon on my toolbar, the appearance of which seems to coincide with what is obviously a problem specific to my PC.

Thanks,

Tom D.
MusicalADD

Post by MusicalADD »

When I want to listen to music on myspace, I just have to remember to switch to IE. For some time now on my Windows box, Firefox has refused to load the music player. I'm guessing this has to do with my Firefox Flashblock add-in.... (some quick googling seems to confirm this). But if you don't happen to be using Firefox with Flashblock then your issue is probably something else entirely.
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Innocent Bystander wrote:I don't have that problem, but it's probably something grabbing and muting one of the sound devices. On my HP (Windows) machine there are different sound devices for MIDI playback and Voice Playback. Occasionally something like Youtube will grab one and mute the other. Then it needs reset before ABCNavigator will play. Specific games certainly do this sort of thing.
Good point, go to START - Accessories - Entertainment and find the sound mixer and see if one of the sliders other than main volume is turned down.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
Tom Dowling

Post by Tom Dowling »

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

My thanks for your fine suggestions. Oddly enough, the problem appears to have corrected itself. When I started up my computer this morning I closed my SKYPE/Web Cam program and the problem went away. I am not sure if there is a causal connection betwen that and the MYSPACE Player No-Show, No-Play thing.

Anyway, by hook or by crook, the problem appears to be solved.

Be Well,

Tom D.