Part-time Employment Opportunity

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Doug_Tipple
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Part-time Employment Opportunity

Post by Doug_Tipple »

The following is the body of an email that carefully bypassed my spam folder and made it into my inbox. I am interested in making a few extra bucks, but I think that I will pass up this offer of employment.

Hello,
I'm Dan Hutson by name, We have a job for the position of Account Receivable/Payable Clerk in our company, Would you like to work from your home and get paid monthly with the amount of $1500 Cash?. We specialize in serving the entire United State, Canada, Europe and any growing export market, Particularly in the supplies of selected Fabrics, Most Customers always pay us via Cashiers Cheque, Money Orders. But some of Our Customers always complain they can only pay via there Credit Cards, About 90 percent of our customers prefer to pay through there Credit Card based on the amount involved and faster way to make there payment. So we wish to Expand our Company worldwide, To Increase Our Payment Mode by Accepting Payment in form of Credit Cards Only, We are trying to employ you as our Coordinate of payment coming from any of our customers and help us with the payment process. You are not involved in any sales. Once orders are received and sorted we deliver the product to a customer. After this has been done the customer has to pay for the Fabrics products with there Credit Card, We have decided to open this new contract -to-hire job position for solving this problem. You'll have a lot of free time doing another job, because this job is a Part Time job, you'll get good income. But this job is very challenging and you should understand it. We are considering your application because you satisfy our requirements and we are sure you will be an earnest assistant till we start running our branch office in your state.
Kindly get back to us with below information. If you have any access to run any major/type of Credit Cards, So that we can add your mailing address to our Regional database and forward it to our customers.

1} Full Name:-
2} Full Address:- City, State, Zip Code:-
3} Phone(s) # (Home and Cell):-
4} Age / Gender:-
5} Present Occupation / Nationality:-
6} Do you have any access to run credit cards given by our customers into your account:-
7} If no. can you open a Business Credit Card Processing Account (Merchant Account):-
8} Your Reply most be to this email: crcrichard52@gmail.com

Thanks For Your Understanding.
Dan Hutson
emmline

Re: Part-time Employment Opportunity

Post by emmline »

But you satisfy their requirements, and are sure to be an earnest assistant!
Denny

Post by Denny »

their is something dodgy goin' on
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
rhulsey
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by rhulsey »

Doug_Tipple wrote: We specialize in serving the entire United State(s)(sic)
Perhaps they made yet another error here. I think they meant "servicing"!

I believe I would let this opportunity pass as well.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities
can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Doug, this is quite a well-known one. Your job, should you choose to accept it, will be to cash cheques (checks) and forward the money somewhere. The cheques are stolen. There is a large number of cheques stolen every year, for substantial amounts. If this money goes through your account, there are all sorts of legal implications. The most obvious one is that the money can be traced back to you. In short, don't do it.

I love these spam emails that start off by assuming a spurious intimacy, and wind up asking for your full name and nationality.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
chris_coreline
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by chris_coreline »

i hope i wasnt the only one clicking here hoping Doug was offering some sort of impossible work-at home flute making apprenticeship

:cry:
rhulsey

Post by rhulsey »

chris_coreline wrote:i hope i wasnt the only one clicking here hoping Doug was offering some sort of impossible work-at home flute making apprenticeship

:cry:
Nope, you weren't alone in thinking that! oh well....
"Those who can make you believe absurdities
can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

Would you really want to work for Doug? You all know how frugal he is. You all know how much he charges for a flute. How much do you think you were going to get paid? $1,000/hr? Working for Dan Huston would probably be a better deal.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Doug_Tipple

Post by Doug_Tipple »

I offered this email as a good example of how not to get snookered, unless your name is Kevin Crawford, who just won a snooker competition, as well as playing a little flute on the side.
These work-at-home job offers are laughable. I hope no one seriously thought that I would consider such an offer, even working for Dan Huston. My wife writes police reports from people calling in to report crimes. People who lose money in these type of scheme are fairly common. I wouldn't dream of funneling money into any of my bank accounts. The bottom line: don't do it. Sometimes people ask me to accept a payment for a flute by depositing money into my bank account. I don't do that, although I understand that some flutemakers do. Instead, there are many other safer ways to send or receive money, such as paypal, MoneyGrams, American Express, or international money orders in USD drawn on an USA bank.

OK, so you gathered that I am a bit frugal, no harm in that, whereas I often tell me wife that she doesn't even know what the word means. She laughs because she knows that I am correct.
Denny

Post by Denny »

psst...Doug! there is two suckers...ah, enterprising youngsters right there!

All we need to do is a little front work. Find a Home Depot near them, price some PVC, charge them double/triple the cost, order it from their store with their name as the pick up, ya following me?
Doug_Tipple

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Denny wrote:psst...Doug! there is two suckers...ah, enterprising youngsters right there!

All we need to do is a little front work. Find a Home Depot near them, price some PVC, charge them double/triple the cost, order it from their store with their name as the pick up, ya following me?
Why didn't I think of this before?
dwest

Post by dwest »

I've been trying to get rid of some of my wife's textile collection for years, maybe I should ask them if they'll sell stuff on consignment!
Denny

Post by Denny »

Doug_Tipple wrote:
Denny wrote:psst...Doug! there is two suckers...ah, enterprising youngsters right there!

Why didn't I think of this before?
ack!!! I didn't PM!!! :tomato:
Doug_Tipple

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Denny, I wonder how many people understand your postscript: subduction leads to orogeny? Of course, when I was studying geology back in the sixties, you wouldn't have heard that expression either. There was no mention of plate techtonics.
hans
Tell us something.: I've been making whistles since 2010 in my tiny workshop at my home. I've been playing whistle since teenage times.

Post by hans »

Doug_Tipple wrote:Sometimes people ask me to accept a payment for a flute by depositing money into my bank account. I don't do that, although I understand that some flutemakers do. Instead, there are many other safer ways to send or receive money, such as paypal, MoneyGrams, American Express, or international money orders in USD drawn on an USA bank.
Why won't you accept money deposited directly into your bank account?
Do you think revealing your account number could be misused? Can it?
Is the withdrawal of money from the account not well protected enough,
that one needs to guard one's account number as well as password and PIN number?
Just curious.