OT: I love Vanilla Coke.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
chattiekathy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

On 2003-01-30 10:30, Redwolf wrote:
On 2003-01-30 10:05, goesto11 wrote:
Kathy, I'm sure you aren't too excited about the latest "Got beer?" ads that are being run by PETA. I haven't seen them, but I heard about them on the radio. (Personally, I may go out and buy an extra gallon of milk in protest :wink:)

John Mac
That's old news. Those ads ran (and were ultimately pulled, due to protests from MADD and other similar groups) more than a year ago.

Redwolf
I heard about those ads on the news and it was a while ago but thats ok. You can still go buy an extra gallon of milk, as a matter of fact, go buy 2! Image

Kathy
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

On 2003-01-30 00:57, blackhawk wrote:
On 2003-01-30 00:18, Bagfed wrote:
That's all-just wanted to say, I love Vanilla Coke. Thanks.
I'm glad we had this little talk. :grin:
A man stops a psychologist in the street: "Excuse me, can you tell me the way to the train station?"
"No, but I am glad we had this little talk."

Love that joke. Good show, blackhawk.
TelegramSam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TelegramSam »

http://www.vhemt.org/

Here's something for you PETA lovers! :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TelegramSam on 2003-01-30 11:08 ]</font>
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

A guy comes into a doctor's office with a banana in one ear, a carrot in the other ear and an olive in one nostril. The doctor looks at him and says, "Oh! You're not eating right."
You can purchase my whistles on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/freemanwhistle ... pg=&_from=

or directly from me:

email jerry ("at") freemanwhistles ("dot") com or send a PM.
MichaelG

Post by MichaelG »

Highland, Where else would a scotsman settle?
Ha ha! Nice!

I grew up in an Irish Catholic area near the beach. Lots of German and Polish Catholics in Michigan City, too.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

From Vanilla Coke to mayhem on baby rats...inspiring. You folks are a stitch.

N, reeling
Elerossë

Post by Elerossë »

Hey! I am responsible for at least 5 Aussies being converted to the great "Vanilla Coke Way". I told a friend to try it, and he converted his friends in turn.....

Kaitlin
I Râd ui-renia lim a lim
dad od annon ial heriant.
Si palan-'wenniel nâ Râd,
a boe anim bo den padad,
aphadol den na-dail verai,
na-den ten ertha râd annaer
ias raith a lynd lim gevedir.
A na-man hi? Ú-bedithon.
madguy

Post by madguy »

Vanilla Coke is a great change of pace from plain colas - not near as good as the fountain vanilla Cokes from my youth (mostly, for me, from Kresges' and Woolworths' stores), but it's a decent imitation.

~Larry
snoogie

Post by snoogie »

Thanks for your kind words about Vanilla Coke and your business.

While I'm not directly involved in that part of the Company, I work for a large beverage company with HQ in Atlanta.

I happen to like the diet Vanilla Coke myself.

(no animals are harmed in the beverage manufacturing process)
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

I tried vanila Coke once. I thought it tasted a bit like the cough medicine I had to take when I was a kid (in the 50s).

Another soda anecdote; when my wife's brother first came to the US from Italy he had his first taste of root beer. He took a mouthful and immediately spit it out saying that it tasted like "camphor". After 20+ years he has developed a tolerance for it.
Mike
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

At an archery shop I once saw a t-shirt that said, and I quote:

PETA
(People for the Eating of Tasty Animals)

I was seriously tempted to buy it, but didn't. I also saw a shirt on one of my Jr. High students the other day that should be very thought provoking for vegatarians: "How many vegetables had to die for your stupid salad?" :lol:

Tom (with appologies to my non hunting/vegetarian friends)
C4

Post by C4 »

I just have to reply here..First off I hate Vanilla Coke, give me a diet MT. Dew any day..And second just because we are vegans doesnt mean we all are PETA fans..I have been a vegan for a few years give or take a few chicken sandwiches..I do it for health reasons and maybe for some enviromental reasons...We are all not antihuman animal nuts..Of course I dont believe anyone should mistreat or abuse animals either.Anyway all Peta people might be vegans but not all vegans are Peta people..
Groovehead

Post by Groovehead »

I think Vanilla Coke is actually Cream Soda in disguise... who do they think they're fooling anyhoo? :wink:
goesto11

Post by goesto11 »

C4,

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I happen to be a confirmed carnivore, but I respect people who are vegans or vegetarians for principled reasons.

I saw an article the other day (at least I think it was recent, with my record it could have been from a year ago :wink:) that talked about health risks for babies of nursing mothers who are vegans. Here is the first paragraph and a link:

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - The breast-fed infants of two mothers who did not eat any animal products, including milk and eggs, developed brain abnormalities as a result of a vitamin-B12 deficiency, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (news - web sites) (CDC) reported Thursday.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... _diet_dc_1

John Mac
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

[quote]
Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I happen to be a confirmed carnivore, but I respect people who are vegans or vegetarians for principled reasons.

What (s)he said. No offence intended, and I hope none taken. I hope we all know, whatever jokes we might make to the contrary, that not all hunters are cruel, bloodthirsty rednecks; not all vegetarians/vegans are animal rights activists.
It is true, however, that all whistle players are a little, well, odd.
TW